My mom is in town and she is coming to SundayRiver with my family this weekend. She hasn't been there (or skied) in 15+ years and it was a place our family went for a long time.   Can take a "tourist" Gondola ride?  Not sure I have ever seen that in the winter and I don't see any reference to prices on SR's website. Just thought it would be a good way for her to see how the Mountain looks now.

Views: 350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you can buy a chondi pass  ( Guessing $ 16)  But tell them you'd like to go to "The Mountain Room"

for some lunch.  I believe it's supposed to be comped.

15$ Single ride tickets....didn’t know about the Mountain Room “comp” that is slick if it works

My wife and I,  and I believe MB thought that it was a perfect lunch plan last Friday while it was pouring NCP,.....Only to find no cabins online.   

Finally didn't mind stopping for a mountain Room meal during rain/sleet/ice event last Saturday. Very yummy. Drinks were best part. Hard to find way down after them lol.

Last year I asked guest services about taking my non-skiing wife to the Mountain Room for lunch. I was told no comp ticket or discount for non-passholders who want to eat there. I believe the price to get one round trip on the Chondi to eat lunch was quoted at $15. We went elsewhere for lunch.

Perhaps the policy is different this year.

This is from the website

Portland, Maine restaurateur Harding Lee Smith brings his Rooms restaurants to Sunday River with The Mountain Room. Enjoy a specialty cocktail or craft beer with hand-crafted small plates. The Mountain Room is Sunday River's most popular on-mountain restaurant and can be access on skis or on foot via the Chondola chairlift (lift ticket required).

I think Mt Room is comped retro for the chondi ride. You show them a receipt from Mt Room when you come back down and they refund you $15 I believe. Pay for the lift ride in cash to avoid having to have them credit your card back the $15. No big deal but just easier to pay the $15 in cash. Food is pretty decent and the drinks are good pours. Worth the money? No. Crappy and rainy outside, yes.

Ha

MB showed up that same day in street clothes and turned away as well. Funny part is G-dog sent a txt about an hoir earlier telling our crew "no boxes"



CartMan! said:

My wife and I,  and I believe MB thought that it was a perfect lunch plan last Friday while it was pouring NCP,.....Only to find no cabins online.   

We are exaggerating a bit, no?

Wheelie said:

Ha

MB showed up that same day in street clothes and turned away as well. Funny part is G-dog sent a txt about an hoir earlier telling our crew "no boxes"



CartMan! said:

My wife and I,  and I believe MB thought that it was a perfect lunch plan last Friday while it was pouring NCP,.....Only to find no cabins online.   

slightly

MonkeyBrook said:

We are exaggerating a bit, no?

Wheelie said:

Ha

MB showed up that same day in street clothes and turned away as well. Funny part is G-dog sent a txt about an hoir earlier telling our crew "no boxes"



CartMan! said:

My wife and I,  and I believe MB thought that it was a perfect lunch plan last Friday while it was pouring NCP,.....Only to find no cabins online.   

Yes, I believe that's the deal.

Junior said:

I think Mt Room is comped retro for the chondi ride. You show them a receipt from Mt Room when you come back down and they refund you $15 I believe. Pay for the lift ride in cash to avoid having to have them credit your card back the $15. No big deal but just easier to pay the $15 in cash. Food is pretty decent and the drinks are good pours. Worth the money? No. Crappy and rainy outside, yes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service