this is the first time we have been up in a month due to blackouts, etc. and we saw a “Vertical Plud Express Pass” gate at the lifts. It looked like people were pulling right up to the lift and bypassing the lines. What is this? Is this something new? I’ve never seen it before. It sure looks nice being able to bypass the semi painful lines like today. 

Views: 5967

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And that is what Marylou did... until the wind changed directions.

Hawk said:

Wow what a bunch of Pu$$ies. They should have implemented this thing.  I would have bought one and gave everybody the 1 fingered solute as I went by.  ;-)

Almost due for the conversation around which passholders can/can't ski day of the passholder's BBQ

PortlandSkier said:

I think you are basically right, lets talk about wind holds, what can SR do, build fences... Lets deal with the line issues vs a class system, make the experience better for all!

poe said:

Not much else of importance in the emails.  First was just a nice invite for us to help them evaluate the idea over 3 weekends, stop by Southridge to sign up, and the list of lifts that would have it.  The second was just saying the test was terminated, apologizing for the bad experience (presumably the heckling) and promising the gift card.  That's just from memory as I don't have them in front of me.  I think it's good to note that SR tried something new,  realized it didn't go so well, and make a quick decision to correct.

I think it's time to go back to complaining about all the WIND HOLDS.

MAC said:

I am going to go against the grain and include that I think it would be interesting to see the e-mails. I imagine that the introduction e-mail was somewhat cheerful (blue bird skies) and inviting for those who would be included. After the backlash the cancellation e-mail was probably more doom and gloom (low light/shady) with a sprinkle of failure mixed in. 

Being on the outside looking in and having no information at all it makes getting or seeing whatever information that much more valuable. You would think with all the backlash there would be some sort of addressing those of us who are also "invested." However, I don't suspect that any of this information will come out.

Keep your fingers crossed! I will be waiting by my virtual mailbox awaiting my hopeful invitation!

Promontory Rider said:

Almost due for the conversation around which passholders can/can't ski day of the passholder's BBQ

PortlandSkier said:

I think you are basically right, lets talk about wind holds, what can SR do, build fences... Lets deal with the line issues vs a class system, make the experience better for all!

poe said:

Not much else of importance in the emails.  First was just a nice invite for us to help them evaluate the idea over 3 weekends, stop by Southridge to sign up, and the list of lifts that would have it.  The second was just saying the test was terminated, apologizing for the bad experience (presumably the heckling) and promising the gift card.  That's just from memory as I don't have them in front of me.  I think it's good to note that SR tried something new,  realized it didn't go so well, and make a quick decision to correct.

I think it's time to go back to complaining about all the WIND HOLDS.

MAC said:

I am going to go against the grain and include that I think it would be interesting to see the e-mails. I imagine that the introduction e-mail was somewhat cheerful (blue bird skies) and inviting for those who would be included. After the backlash the cancellation e-mail was probably more doom and gloom (low light/shady) with a sprinkle of failure mixed in. 

Being on the outside looking in and having no information at all it makes getting or seeing whatever information that much more valuable. You would think with all the backlash there would be some sort of addressing those of us who are also "invested." However, I don't suspect that any of this information will come out.

isn't it funny how a few are trying to make this bigger than it was.  Who cares?  I bet those who are making an issue never ski at SR.  Good for SR for trying something new, good for them for quickly realizing it wasn't a fit.  Time to move on.

Wheelie said:

I think pressuring folks to publish private emails is BS.

I heckle those guys with out without this issue, part of what we do.  Its fun, not a bad thing.  WMS, come on up and hang out w us.  You need to be less salty.  Always so angry and ready to trash something.  God ski some POW,  a little fresh air therapy will do you good.

WatervilleMESkier said:

Steve says that Poe, Sundance and MissWynter were only heckled by their own friends...  I think there were a few more folks heckling than that Steve.    And MB wanted this thread deleted back on Page 8.

If everyone wants closure, why not just post the emails - or have management at least address it. Better to take it on directly than not.

One interesting thing I did not know was that you had to register for it...  And to think they planned to do this over 3 weekends.

MonkeyBrook said:

And WMS, please stop asking for the emails.  It is pretty obvious we are not going to share with you.  Time to let it go, there must be other topics you can troll.  Your humor ran out 4 pages ago.

SteveSki said:

Hey WatervilleMESkier,

What you don't realize is that some of us (many) on this thread are actually really good friends.  MissWYnterisalmostgone and Sunnydancer know that any heckling towards them is absolutely that of fun.

This was an experiment, it either worked or failed in the Mountain's eyes, and is in all of our rear view mirrors other than yours.

Let it go.

Fresh air?  It needs an enema. 

MonkeyBrook said:

I heckle those guys with out without this issue, part of what we do.  Its fun, not a bad thing.  WMS, come on up and hang out w us.  You need to be less salty.  Always so angry and ready to trash something.  God ski some POW,  a little fresh air therapy will do you good.

WatervilleMESkier said:

Steve says that Poe, Sundance and MissWynter were only heckled by their own friends...  I think there were a few more folks heckling than that Steve.    And MB wanted this thread deleted back on Page 8.

If everyone wants closure, why not just post the emails - or have management at least address it. Better to take it on directly than not.

One interesting thing I did not know was that you had to register for it...  And to think they planned to do this over 3 weekends.

MonkeyBrook said:

And WMS, please stop asking for the emails.  It is pretty obvious we are not going to share with you.  Time to let it go, there must be other topics you can troll.  Your humor ran out 4 pages ago.

SteveSki said:

Hey WatervilleMESkier,

What you don't realize is that some of us (many) on this thread are actually really good friends.  MissWYnterisalmostgone and Sunnydancer know that any heckling towards them is absolutely that of fun.

This was an experiment, it either worked or failed in the Mountain's eyes, and is in all of our rear view mirrors other than yours.

Let it go.

Ooooo. Now that is salty.

MissWynter said:

Fresh air?  It needs an enema. 

MonkeyBrook said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service