Hi folks!
I just wanted to give you a heads up that Spectrum thought that it would be fun to change us from channel 7 to channel 1301 unannounced, effective this morning. We're working with several different agencies to resolve this, but for the time being you can find us in the deep, dark, far reaches of the Spectrum network on channel 1301. Our live broadcasts are back for the season, so tune in this weekend to harass our new host, Bob!

If you have any trouble receiving Sunday River TV 7 (errr... Sunday River TV 1301?), please reach out to Spectrum directly at 1-844-830-4787. If you want to let them know that you're not too pleased with this change, I'm not going to stop you! ;)

Thanks a bunch, & happy shredding! 

- Nora

Views: 1265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got some notice from Spectrum that they were "enhancing" security on the network as an audit had shown many people getting channels they should not.  My notice said I was getting the Pop Channel (18) and should not,  They were going to make changes effective November 28.  Perhaps you guys got caught up in this?

I got a phone call from Spectrum (as the contact on condo bulk account), that they were changing over to "all digital" and no more analog signals as of 11/28 so everyone had to have a box to get any channels.  I had thought this was the case already.  Sunrise had already switched to HD service last year so I was kind of annoyed that they tried calling me for 2 months, leaving vague voicemails and then were never around when I called them back....

Some clients received this letter, and others did not. I have Spectrum at my condo at Fall Line & never received a notice. They also never notified the station directly, or several other local TWC/Spectrum subscribers. This is coming as a surprise to a number of folks, myself included.

As long as you have the updated boxes, you should be good to go! Just a couple of channels away from where we normally are ;) 
If you hear of anybody having a hard time finding us, feel free to pass along the good word! I'll keep you folks updated as information trickles in. Thanks for your continued support and for watching, we appreciate it!

How can we watch if we don't have a box?

This change in channels comes hand-in-hand with Spectrum's change to 100% digital.

If you connect to your cable line directly into the back of your TV, you will lose your ability to view channels and will need to order a Spectrum Receiver. If you have an existing set-top-box, digital transport adapter (DTA), or retail device with a CableCARD on each TV you are watching, you should be unaffected by this change (other than having to go to channel 1301 to watch Sunday River TV 7).
Otherwise, you'll need to call the number above to order a Spectrum receiver & instillation kit.

MAC said:

How can we watch if we don't have a box?

If you are serviced by Comcast at another residence, this was done around 2010, same process.

Where can I pick up my RSN TV 1301 sticker and gear?

Is there a Direct Tv dish channel yet ?

My remote only goes up to 9, oh well.

You have never seen the morning show as you are already in line by the time they come on!

phanga said:

Ahh ... but we've seen him!!  :)

SteveSki said:

You have never seen the morning show as you are already in line by the time they come on!

phanga said:

He's a celebrity in our house.

sitzmark said:

Ahh ... but we've seen him!!  :)

SteveSki said:

phanga said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service