If there was one, my first card would read " Open the North Peak Chair at 8am on weekends and Holidays so that I can leave the South Ridge area at first chair and continue to ski North Peak w/o having to crowd the Chondi as new skiers arrive".  What else ...... ???

Views: 6786

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All of the above!

Mike Dann said:

Guy changes his name like Whitey Bulger, are you in the witness protection program or an identity crisis, and I dried them out by the fire and went back out that day. 

NickelPlated said:

I’ll mock you whenever/wherever I want! Clown!!!

PS: your snowboard booties dry yet?! :-)
MonkeyBrook said:

I would never mock you, at least not on the board..in person yes.  :)

Mike Dann said:

We will see, if you look back at my past suggestions on this site I may be a head of the curve...ha 

Continuing Hardball and Chutzpah glades all the way down, opening under Spruce Chair where Gnarlia is to name just 2. Each got mockery from the peanut gallery I would 

Sop using wind holds as a excuse for other reasons (not having the personnel to run the lifts, selling power off at a profit, etc.)

Many groups of 2 can not seem to make groups of 4 in the Barker lift line.   A few “Make groups of 4” signs might be appropriate.   Until then me and Mrs Grooooover will continue to leap to the front of the line by asking another group of 2 if we can ride with them....we get some dirty looks at times with this move when we push in front of people, but, I’m there to ski not stand in line......At least the current flow is contributing to the efficiency of the singles line! 

We do exactly Lynn the same thing. Today 4grpupsmofmtwo in a row. We skied right up to first group and boarded w them.  Making 4 in line should be SOP

Grooooover said:

Many groups of 2 can not seem to make groups of 4 in the Barker lift line.   A few “Make groups of 4” signs might be appropriate.   Until then me and Mrs Grooooover will continue to leap to the front of the line by asking another group of 2 if we can ride with them....we get some dirty looks at times with this move when we push in front of people, but, I’m there to ski not stand in line......At least the current flow is contributing to the efficiency of the singles line! 

Need a balance though, If every double made a group of 4 the singles line would hardly ever move.

why, at any time, couldn't the lift attendant pull 4 from the singles line to make a chair if the line in singles built up.  To have maximum efficiency all groups would be groups as four when being pulled from the line.

Mike Dann said:

Need a balance though, If every double made a group of 4 the singles line would hardly ever move.

This, 

I have no trouble "are you a double"ing all the way to the front and encourage everyone to do it.

I often wonder do these groups of 2 think if they stay as a 2 they get to ride alone or are they truly oblivious to what's happening around them? 

MonkeyBrook said:

why, at any time, couldn't the lift attendant pull 4 from the singles line to make a chair if the line in singles built up.  To have maximum efficiency all groups would be groups as four when being pulled from the line.

Mike Dann said:

I agree with taking 2 singles from each side should be done often but they seem to never do that, I also double up in line just making the point if the singles line is ridiculously long then not the time to do it.
Makes me crazy at Spruce when clueless people just follow the group in front of them out.

MB suggestion fixes that, a lifty looks over and sees the single line a mile long and says ok 2 from this single line and 2 from that single line go up as 4. do that evertime after all the front groups have gone up with no singles. I admit it takes a little thought and energy and maybe this leads back to the quality of employees they are getting. 

but if the single line is so long its out of the corral there is nothing stopping people from the single line from saying, this is ridiculous wanna double, triple, quadruple up?

Mike Dann said:

I agree with taking 2 singles from each side should be done often but they seem to never do that, I also double up in line just making the point if the singles line is ridiculously long then not the time to do it.
Makes me crazy at Spruce when clueless people just follow the group in front of them out.

Who is to say that if there are two people in line that they don't expect people to join them on the lift? Whether it be another pair or a couple of singles? Why is it that initial pairs responsibility to get four people together? That doesn't seem to make much sense. If another pair wants to hop in, ask. If there are singles than hop aboard. 

Wheelie said:

MB suggestion fixes that, a lifty looks over and sees the single line a mile long and says ok 2 from this single line and 2 from that single line go up as 4. do that evertime after all the front groups have gone up with no singles. I admit it takes a little thought and energy and maybe this leads back to the quality of employees they are getting. 

but if the single line is so long its out of the corral there is nothing stopping people from the single line from saying, this is ridiculous wanna double, triple, quadruple up?

Mike Dann said:

Seems simple: no wasted chairs whenever there is a line.

Pairs of doubles should double up. Otherwise singles can join groups which don't fill the chair.

If the singles line gets long, let them go once in awhile too.

We also do the "excuse me are you only two...?" and move ahead to improve efficiency in the lines.

For me it's all in my mood lol. Days when lines are big - I'll double up with folks. Yesterday - eh, couldn't be bothered, maybe a minute difference. But if another two joined up - wouldn't care. Maybe groups of 4 behind will get worked up?  Never thought of it from that angle. Then they can play matchmaker :)

MAC said:

Who is to say that if there are two people in line that they don't expect people to join them on the lift? Whether it be another pair or a couple of singles? Why is it that initial pairs responsibility to get four people together? That doesn't seem to make much sense. If another pair wants to hop in, ask. If there are singles than hop aboard. 

Wheelie said:

Mike Dann said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service