If there was one, my first card would read " Open the North Peak Chair at 8am on weekends and Holidays so that I can leave the South Ridge area at first chair and continue to ski North Peak w/o having to crowd the Chondi as new skiers arrive".  What else ...... ???

Views: 8308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's good to hear.  Hopefully they build off of that start.

sitzmark said:

Somewhat done with space at snow cap dorm and contracted space at what was Norseman.

Mike Dann said:

Build an employee housing complex and pay a living wage for snow making.

Calm down Mikey boy, just having fun with ya. 

Mike Dann said:

I was doing a line I have done dozens of times over multi decades and not broken thru. I rode down the nose of the ledge/rock and at bottom as it flattened out and it collapsed under me. Seeing it was 4 degrees during the coldest Dec in like ever I thought I would be ok. I guess that makes me dumb but not nearly dumb as using Iparty as a name, guess Jersey Shore was taken, what are you 17 ?

iParty said:

Wow, dumb guy on a snowboard!!!

;)

Mike Dann said:

Wow tough guy on a keyboard

iParty said:

Please install a boot drying rack in every resort establishment for every moron who falls into a creek and gets their ski or snowboard boots wet.

"YOU GUYS ARE BEYOND HIGH MAINTENANCE" -MB

Iparty I just realized who you are, all good

Ok, who was the braintrust who configured the ropes at the new Spruce Triple. Lifties claim the guy inside the shack was responsible but he looks brighter than that. In the 3 times I rode the chair today, 8:10, 9:45 and 1:00 it was hard to find a single chair with three people on it.

Experiment is over! It Failed.

How about speeding up the Tempest and Aurora lifts.  I'd ski White Cap once in a while if getting up the lift didn't take so damn long.  And more lifts with footrests for old knees like mine.    

I don't know how much a retrofit would cost, but it would be awesome to speed up some of these high traffic, slow lifts.

Old Timer said:

How about speeding up the Tempest and Aurora lifts.  I'd ski White Cap once in a while if getting up the lift didn't take so damn long.  And more lifts with footrests for old knees like mine.    

Shoulda made that your "guess the trail" for week 8....

phanga said:

Ok, who was the braintrust who configured the ropes at the new Spruce Triple.

Haha - I commend their ingenuity and initiative. But did not work well. Later in day lanes 2/3 were merged to one, more confusing.  All they need are two lanes and a singles lane and everyone can deal. I think 3 lines causes problems because gives people more chance to be pricks and cut in when they want. 

phanga said:

Ok, who was the braintrust who configured the ropes at the new Spruce Triple. Lifties claim the guy inside the shack was responsible but he looks brighter than that. In the 3 times I rode the chair today, 8:10, 9:45 and 1:00 it was hard to find a single chair with three people on it.

Experiment is over! It Failed.

I bet if you timed it from the time you get inline at Barker on a Sat getting to the top is the same as Those lifts. zero lines at both those lifts most days and at least you are sitting down not standing in line.

Old Timer said:

I have heard both mentioned in past conversations for potential carpet additions.  I had actually heard Tempest before Spruce but that obviously didn't happen.

Old Timer said:

Two yurts at North Peak. 

First yurt for demos

Second yurt for wax and edge while you rip beers at the Mountain Room

OK maybe yurts are overkill, but you've got this massive expanse of flat snow (half of which is roped off) and there's a really easy way to add revenue.  

That yurt for demos is great idea.  I never demo. I am dreaming of a midfat ski for powder and woods and the days the conditions are right I don't want to waste time. Go to SR chaos, get skis. Take a couple runs, back to SR chaos, repeat. No thanks.  But if they were right at No Peak - go through Yetiville or Northwoods - great demo spots right there.

Matthew Grocki said:

Two yurts at North Peak. 

First yurt for demos

Second yurt for wax and edge while you rip beers at the Mountain Room

OK maybe yurts are overkill, but you've got this massive expanse of flat snow (half of which is roped off) and there's a really easy way to add revenue.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service