If there was one, my first card would read " Open the North Peak Chair at 8am on weekends and Holidays so that I can leave the South Ridge area at first chair and continue to ski North Peak w/o having to crowd the Chondi as new skiers arrive".  What else ...... ???

Views: 8304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, I didn’t want to call attention to you but yes that is the whistle.  

Junior said:

I keep the tradition alive for you. I assume you're talking about the whistle you lost to me in that poker game during BMMC back in 2009?

MonkeyBrook said:

I don't have my whistle any longer, but I may know that guy.

Gary Nedelman said:

Exactly the reason why So VT is not a consideration.  (Lets get some hot chawclit!) 

Once heard / observed a dude blowing a whistle at top of bump run at Mt Snow.  Wondered what / where it was coming from while doing laps.  Turns out, it was his way of trying to get all to clear the way.  Priceless!  ( I guess its something like... 'hey I'm from NY so get out of my way!')

Heard lots about K's BMMC... historically competed with Bust n Burn, and back then many from K would choose Bust n Burn.   Recognizing today, BMMC is the comp.  

Junior said:

BMMC is back and just as bad a$$ as ever. Come check it out, and don't forget to duck all those hyped up, amped up, and somewhat obnoxious people from NY and NJ. Some really bad people, but other than that, come check out BMMC for the best spring skiing party in North America. (But seriously, watch out for those obnoxious types. They're everywhere at Killington).

Gary Nedelman said:

Mogul course on Tempest... YA! 

Most importantly, an open mogul comp.  Bring back Bust n Burn! 

Attitash still does an open mogul comp every year... and the course always sucks.  But there's still people of all ages who ski and spectate.  And that entire gang reminisces about SR Bust n Burn over the PA system.

Recognizing moguls is not today's freestyle, how many over age 30 are throwing dub cork with grab off the booters?  Old mogul skiers still go the distance (for the weekend - cuz recovery takes time!) for an event like the old Bust n Burn. 

Sorry folks, but if you wanna discuss history of what made SR... you must include Legends of Freestyle, Bust n Burn, World Moguls, and even Parrot Head (diluted version).  Certain some of the biz folks will quantify unfavorable economics for / from these events... but IMO those events contributed to what is intangible and difficult to quantify for SR as a whole.  

No joke.

Pre 2009, it was MB blowing the whistle.

From April 2009 to resent, it is me.

So, next time you hear that KC whistle moan, get the F out of my way!!!

Gary Nedelman said:

MB and Junior -

No joke?  No way!   

Suggest yelling... GO PATS!  Or just make involuntary, loud, grunting noises at each bump as I do these days. 

Keep the shred alive!

You guys are wicked funny!  No sheet!  Blow your whistle... bring on the dual (as in moguls)... I will see you at bottom!  Like no friends on pow days... suggest you just follow the grunts!  All good boys.  

Junior said:

No joke.

Gary Nedelman said:

MB and Junior -

No joke?  No way!   

Suggest yelling... GO PATS!  Or just make involuntary, loud, grunting noises at each bump as I do these days. 

Keep the shred alive!

Gary sounds like a prime competitor in the Jordan Bowl to Whitecap downhill race. 

And my $$$ is on MB in duals, too.

Gary Nedelman said:

You guys are wicked funny!  No sheet!  Blow your whistle... bring on the dual (as in moguls)... I will see you at bottom!  Like no friends on pow days... suggest you just follow the grunts!  All good boys.  

Junior said:

No joke.

Gary Nedelman said:

MB and Junior -

No joke?  No way!   

Keep the shred alive!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service