After a long hiatus from the board I find myself drawn back.  Hope everyone is having a great summer.  

Heading up to Sunday River Golf course for three days of golf 9/10 - 9/12.  

Just curious how the course is looking.  A lot of courses down here are hurting a bit due to lack of precipitation.  

I can't wait to play SR though, it may be my favorite course in NE.  


Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Course looks awesome right now.
Lots can change in a month though...
Greens maintenance, dryspells, storms, frost, etc.

Have fun, SRGC is a gem. Bring an extra dozen balls.
Played a couple times in the last two weeks, like KC said course is in super shape, probably the best I've ever seen it.

don
I think the course is in the best shape it has ever been in. I don't know how they do it with the lack of rain we've had but lets hope they keep it up!
The last 4 weeks of showers in the evenings/night and cool AM hours REALLY boosts the performance of the fairway/green surfaces...promotes the perfect playing surface for golf... it helps to have an excellent team of folks managing the course too!

Now you've got me thinking I should call a Tee Time in for friday...Hooky anyone?!

tuckermans said:
I think the course is in the best shape it has ever been in. I don't know how they do it with the lack of rain we've had but lets hope they keep it up!
KC - if you play Friday, stop by for a beer, no club swinging for me for sure, but I am told I may be handed a paint brush for the right hand, but the left is good to go for a beer

KC said:
The last 4 weeks of showers in the evenings/night and cool AM hours REALLY boosts the performance of the fairway/green surfaces...promotes the perfect playing surface for golf... it helps to have an excellent team of folks managing the course too!

Now you've got me thinking I should call a Tee Time in for friday...Hooky anyone?!

tuckermans said:
I think the course is in the best shape it has ever been in. I don't know how they do it with the lack of rain we've had but lets hope they keep it up!
Played it today, and will play it again tomorrow, then Bethel Inn CC on Friday.

The course is in stellar shape ! Those par 3's are SWEET !! Today was only my 2nd round of 18 this year. (Still healing from 3 busted ribs), and we had a very "talented" foursome, so we played the Blue's.... May have to drop down to the White's tomorrow.... Either way, VERY enjoyable !!! 4 hours, and 50 mins, no back ups anywhere.... The driver was on, but the short game fell apart after about the 14th h***. Can't wait to tackle it again tomorrow. Need to warm up the short stick though....

Better than work ! No matter how you hit 'em.
he's too smart for me, but he wouldn't need a ladder

MaryLou said:
Watch out KC, Steve will be waiting with an extra paintbrush too. Although I'm sure he'd compensate with a frosty beer.

SteveSki said:
KC - if you play Friday, stop by for a beer, no club swinging for me for sure, but I am told I may be handed a paint brush for the right hand, but the left is good to go for a beer

KC said:
The last 4 weeks of showers in the evenings/night and cool AM hours REALLY boosts the performance of the fairway/green surfaces...promotes the perfect playing surface for golf... it helps to have an excellent team of folks managing the course too!

Now you've got me thinking I should call a Tee Time in for friday...Hooky anyone?!

tuckermans said:
I think the course is in the best shape it has ever been in. I don't know how they do it with the lack of rain we've had but lets hope they keep it up!
just found out the place won't be ready for painting till next weekend, so the coast is clear!

SteveSki said:
he's too smart for me, but he wouldn't need a ladder

MaryLou said:
Watch out KC, Steve will be waiting with an extra paintbrush too. Although I'm sure he'd compensate with a frosty beer.

SteveSki said:
KC - if you play Friday, stop by for a beer, no club swinging for me for sure, but I am told I may be handed a paint brush for the right hand, but the left is good to go for a beer

KC said:
The last 4 weeks of showers in the evenings/night and cool AM hours REALLY boosts the performance of the fairway/green surfaces...promotes the perfect playing surface for golf... it helps to have an excellent team of folks managing the course too!

Now you've got me thinking I should call a Tee Time in for friday...Hooky anyone?!

tuckermans said:
I think the course is in the best shape it has ever been in. I don't know how they do it with the lack of rain we've had but lets hope they keep it up!
SteveSki should caddy (AHEM: bartend) for me friday on the course :)

Not looking GREAT for golf tomorrow at this point: Meetings all day, no Tee Time yet, and a new staff starting monday. We'll see.
I'll be up and available to play from the Monday 16th until 26th, this weekend will be busy as it is the club championship. Anybody looking for a game give me a shout
no swinging for me!!

Markarina said:
I'll be up and available to play from the Monday 16th until 26th, this weekend will be busy as it is the club championship. Anybody looking for a game give me a shout

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service