Anyone play it yet? 

Curious how the new owners have kept up the conditions.  There is a certain art to maintaining conditions on a mountain course and from what I have heard there is a decent amount of new talent on the grounds crew. 

Views: 1414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good job MB. Glad you liked it. They had about 400 racers, plus family and friends...good for the local economy.

Did you get out and play?  Curious on the conditions. 

Levy24 said:

I plan on playing sometime 4th of July week. I'll post an update.

Yes, I did play a few times around the 4th of July. I played the front 9 twice and 18 holes one day. the Course conditions were not bad like people were saying. Greens and fairways were looking healthy. Greens were pretty slow. They're not cutting them too short. Other than some patches of winter damage on some tee boxes. But there's not much you can do about that. We had a lot snow last year and the snow hung around for a long time.

I played the day after that big storm that had tornadoes in Bridgton and most of the sand traps got washed out. Too bad because they had just spent good money getting the nice white fluffy sand and they got destroyed. But by July 5th most of the bunkers that come into play were repaired or in some state of being fixed.

I would recommend playing. I think an 18 h*** round was $70 or $75. Cheaper than last year.

Great feedback.  I was thinking the reports were worse than they actually were. 

Funny you mention the bunkers, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw pictures of them putting that pure white sand in those bunkers.  The first h*** bunkers always get washed out 

Levy24 said:

Yes, I did play a few times around the 4th of July. I played the front 9 twice and 18 holes one day. the Course conditions were not bad like people were saying. Greens and fairways were looking healthy. Greens were pretty slow. They're not cutting them too short. Other than some patches of winter damage on some tee boxes. But there's not much you can do about that. We had a lot snow last year and the snow hung around for a long time.

I played the day after that big storm that had tornadoes in Bridgton and most of the sand traps got washed out. Too bad because they had just spent good money getting the nice white fluffy sand and they got destroyed. But by July 5th most of the bunkers that come into play were repaired or in some state of being fixed.

I would recommend playing. I think an 18 h*** round was $70 or $75. Cheaper than last year.

I was at Sebago Lake that day. Was wild but oddly not very windy where I was. Rains came through that were insane for about an hour. Have never seen the lake this high mid-July - that I can remember. SkiisLeft may have real stats. Filling up snowmaking pond for sure (that we hopefully don't need too much next year lol). .

Levy24 said:

Just stepped off the course today. My feedback echos Levy24, compared to planing it Memorial Day weekend, today the course was in great shape and has rebounded nicely from the spring. 1st and 9th fairways are pretty banged up in spots and ironically they were refilling the bunkers today with pure white columbian cocaine...I mean sand...maybe from Revere Beach. They look gorgeous...for now.

Also, massive thumbs up to the staff at the clubhouse, friendly and attentive (although they need a beer cart). 

The place is so gorgeous to play, I really want to see the club grow and develop a good community. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service