Photos and story: http://sundayriver.com/news

Good thing they put in that useless conveyor belt. 

Views: 30414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Has anyone else noticed that the new Spruce Triple stops just as frequently as the old one? Hard to believe it's mechanical issues. Is it the carpet loader that's tripping people up?

Those carpet loaders are fairly hard to dial in when they first open or so I have been told.  It takes a while to adjust and get it right.  The one a sugarbush took about month before they got it working right.  They will have it soon enough.

I find it is easy to get pinched by the chair on the new Spruce Triple. It woudn't be surprised if this has tripped someone up and they drop a pole or ski or something.

I have ridden it like 6 times

not one stop??

Levy24 said:

Has anyone else noticed that the new Spruce Triple stops just as frequently as the old one? Hard to believe it's mechanical issues. Is it the carpet loader that's tripping people up?

You're one lucky bastard lol. In my 6+ times there was the time the gate wouldn't open. Slow down for kids who weren't lined up in conveyer. One trip Saturday was probably 6-8 stops and took 15+ mins. The trips without a stop were rare or nonexistent for me.  Honestly no different than the old Spruce - they want to ensure new uphill capacity doesn't clog the slopes ;)

Wheelie said:

I have ridden it like 6 times

not one stop??

Levy24 said:

It did stop a bunch on Saturday. I have to admit I was the cause of one stoppage on Sunday as my pole strap somehow got stuck between the pad and the bottom of the armrest. Amazingly my pole made it all the way to the bottom and the lifty had to muscle it back out. It was great to see so many friends at the lift though as I stood in the wait of shame.

I think some of the stoppages happen due to people not being lined up right with the lines on the carpet. Make sure if you are on the outside you are inside the red lines on the carpet. Otherwise you will get an armrest to the thigh or butt.

this could be the difference

I have mostly ridden it mid week other than its opening.

sounds like user error. always a problem at a progression lift like Spruce
SundanceKid said:

It did stop a bunch on Saturday. I have to admit I was the cause of one stoppage on Sunday as my pole strap somehow got stuck between the pad and the bottom of the armrest. Amazingly my pole made it all the way to the bottom and the lifty had to muscle it back out. It was great to see so many friends at the lift though as I stood in the wait of shame.

I think some of the stoppages happen due to people not being lined up right with the lines on the carpet. Make sure if you are on the outside you are inside the red lines on the carpet. Otherwise you will get an armrest to the thigh or butt.

It works well, though I was behind an old timer that didn't get out in time and squeezed out and got hit pretty hard by the chair in the hip, he was ok luckily. One thing I do notice is you need shin pads on back of calves because the chair slams into them.

Hmmm, haven't had the calf problem, chair hits on my boot tops.  The new chair does seem to pick you up a bit closer to the bull wheel than the old chair.  That said, the new chair does have guide rails up top on the carrier arm to keep it from swinging sideways during loading which is nice.  But yes, if folks aren't ready to slide onto carpet when gates open, things can get messed up.  Most of my riding has been midweek too and my weekend riding I would say has been on light weekends.  Will see how Xmas week goes.  It is a nice, smooth ride though.

Mike Dann said:

It works well, though I was behind an old timer that didn't get out in time and squeezed out and got hit pretty hard by the chair in the hip, he was ok luckily. One thing I do notice is you need shin pads on back of calves because the chair slams into them.

I always shuffle out a few steps

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service