Photos and story: http://sundayriver.com/news

Good thing they put in that useless conveyor belt. 

Views: 22924

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish I knew more about terrain contour to even make a suggestion. I do remember hearing whispers of an extension off Jordan - maybe something like this? That side of the mountain could use a beginner area anyway. Kansas sucks and I can't believe they would force something like the jordan double just for people to traverse. If a mountain needs to waste money on a lift to traverse people horizontally, then they screwed up really bad to begin with. I know you are all super biased and in favor of sunday river, but that whole concept is a complete waste of money. 

The Jordan Double is well used and provides back up if the Jordan Quad is down.  Kansas the best name trail on the Mt is perfect for what it does. 

Bertieman said:

I wish I knew more about terrain contour to even make a suggestion. I do remember hearing whispers of an extension off Jordan - maybe something like this? That side of the mountain could use a beginner area anyway. Kansas sucks and I can't believe they would force something like the jordan double just for people to traverse. If a mountain needs to waste money on a lift to traverse people horizontally, then they screwed up really bad to begin with. I know you are all super biased and in favor of sunday river, but that whole concept is a complete waste of money. 

You need to ski there more - every lift has a purpose - sometimes just as a needed backup for weather or break down, but I've used every one of them - not because I wanted to, but because it was needed at the time.  SR is spread out along the mountain ridge line so it needs lots of lifts to get to all the terrain.

Bertieman said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service