Photos and story: http://sundayriver.com/news

Good thing they put in that useless conveyor belt. 

Views: 30495

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No progress yet at Lost Valley. Here's how the Spruce Chair looked this morning.

Hey Cartman!  Why have you NOT recovered the part of the sheave train in one of the old Pullman-Berry double tower pits?  I have looked at that a few times but have not been able to even think about hiking that far.  Its up near where the snow making pipe crosses Agony.

So the (original) Spruce triple is now a jigsaw puzzle being put together in Dirty Lew's sister city?

On FB yesterday they were live streaming the sounds (camera was based at Peak Lodge so not much to see) of the blasting job being done on Spruce line.  Here's hoping it was just for tower footings and/or top terminal footing and not the rock ledge of Gnarnia in its death throws!!

Rock ledge in Gnarnia is still fully intact. We're streaming the blasting today from www.sundayriver.tv/livestream if you're interested, & giving 5-minute warnings via the SRTV facebook page if you want to watch!

MachSki said:

On FB yesterday they were live streaming the sounds (camera was based at Peak Lodge so not much to see) of the blasting job being done on Spruce line.  Here's hoping it was just for tower footings and/or top terminal footing and not the rock ledge of Gnarnia in its death throws!!

I read on the blog no more uphill push to get to downdraft.  Guess they blasted that bit of ledge too.  Wonder if they did anything to Sirius or if that uphill got worse then.

Could be they moved the top station back more?

Possibly, but the reply on FB makes it sound more like the whole little knoll was graded out.

Wheelie said:

I hiked to the top of Spruce last weekend.  They had blasted a big h*** in the ground for the top terminal foundation.  It looks like they are putting it in the same place as the old one.   They also blasted some rock on the way towards Sirius that might have smoothed things out a bit but not by much.

Wheelie said:

From the blog: "Oh, and you can expect to ski over to Downdraft versus “up.” Progress!"

Also, looks like the largest explosion was in that area in the video I posted (38 seconds) 

poe said:

I hiked to the top of Spruce last weekend.  They had blasted a big h*** in the ground for the top terminal foundation.  It looks like they are putting it in the same place as the old one.   They also blasted some rock on the way towards Sirius that might have smoothed things out a bit but not by much.

Wheelie said:

That's hilarious. People do a recreational sport and are supposed to get excited about saving a small incline? I mean - it was like taking a handicap ramp up 5 stairs. Actually - they should make it downhill to Downdraft so all the Joeys that get there and freak out have to walk back up to Amex.

Glade Monkey said:

From the blog: "Oh, and you can expect to ski over to Downdraft versus “up.” Progress!"

Also, looks like the largest explosion was in that area in the video I posted (38 seconds) 

poe said:

Wheelie said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service