Photos and story: http://sundayriver.com/news

Good thing they put in that useless conveyor belt. 

Views: 30486

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where was that ??

T2 ? or maybe the original T1 ??

Nice!!

CartMan! said:

GOT IT!!!

65 year old T-Bar sheave. The tree that grew around it finally weakened enough for me to free it.

Cartman...you going to make a lamp out of the thing...or perhaps a shot ski/sheave?

MAC said:

Nice!!

CartMan! said:

GOT IT!!!

65 year old T-Bar sheave. The tree that grew around it finally weakened enough for me to free it.

Where on the mountain was this?

CartMan! said:

GOT IT!!!

It was just on the other side of thing where the trail was.

Hint: Sunday River is only 58 years old or so.

From a long lost ski hill

Poland Spring?

CartMan! said:

It was just on the other side of thing where the trail was.

Hint: Sunday River is only 58 years old or so.

From a long lost ski hill

Poland Spring had a tow rope in the 40's(?? I think)   That was on the slope that my house sits on. Middle Lake, as it was called then, was the runout. In fact, I have a picture of that area with a light fixture on a tree that is still mounted on that tree at my neighbors house.  

This sheave set was from a T-Bar that stopped operation around 1964. That slope was behind the now burned down hotel on a pretty steep incline, It's one of my favorite Segway trails, so I've been eyeing it for years. Just didn't think carrying a chainsaw on the Segway on a steep pitch was that clever.

The concrete tower and bases are still in the woods if you know where to hunt.

I can see it now...Cartman going up Mtn with his off road segway with chainsaw over shoulder while wearing a Canadian flag speedo. 

CartMan! said:

Poland Spring had a tow rope in the 40's(?? I think)   That was on the slope that my house sits on. Middle Lake, as it was called then, was the runout. In fact, I have a picture of that area with a light fixture on a tree that is still mounted on that tree at my neighbors house.  

This sheave set was from a T-Bar that stopped operation around 1964. That slope was behind the now burned down hotel on a pretty steep incline, It's one of my favorite Segway trails, so I've been eyeing it for years. Just didn't think carrying a chainsaw on the Segway on a steep pitch was that clever.

This the one?

http://www.nelsap.org/me/polandspring.html

http://skiingpastandpresent.com/poland-spring-lost-11-23-13/

Semi-Pro said:

I can see it now...Cartman going up Mtn with his off road segway with chainsaw over shoulder while wearing a Canadian flag speedo. 

CartMan! said:

I like the lamp idea SemiPro.  But, my hope is that when Lost Valley installs the collapsed Spruce Chair, that they will have to remove their 50 year old T-bar, and maybe I can get one T to hang from these sheaves over "Middle Lake" as it was once called.

PS, my older neighbors speak of a wooden ski jump that also landed on Middle Range,. I've seen some old photos,  none online

That photo was from that NelSap website GM.

Here's how it looked 15 minutes ago with all the tree debris removed.

How many years have you been looking at that before you were able to pull it out of the tree?

Nice find.

CartMan! said:

That photo was from that NelSap website GM.

Here's how it looked 15 minutes ago with all the tree debris removed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service