It's out and boy did the River drop.  Granted it is Ski, but indicates guests not super satisfied.  Here's this year's list:

1. Smuggs

2. Sugarbush (Hawk should be happy)

3. Mount Snow (WTF??)

4. Tremblant

5. Jay

6. MRG

7. Loaf

8. Stowe

9. Okemo 

10. Loon

11. Bretton Woods

12. Killington

13. Whiteface

14. Sunday River

15. Stratton

16. Holiday Valley

17. Waterville

18. Cannon

19. Wildcat

20. Wachusett

So SR is now the Boyne anchor in the East.  Of course, The Beast is down too on the list.  It does seem to be tipping towards families and kid programs with Smuggs up top and Mount Snow and Okemo ranking so high.  Other thoughts?

Views: 482

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A list for family oriented resorts should be completely separate from a list a frequent rider would want.

I don't see how any satisfaction can come from mount snow. Good thing they're building a new lodge, because all the people sick of standing in line will need it. I put in more days there last season than I would like to admit and it's trash. The peak 7 resorts are run like garbage compared to the boyne resorts. I've had 2 boyne passes and 2 mt snow passes in the last 4 seasons and they're not on the same level.

Wildcat, wachusett, mount snow....lol EDIT: and mad river glen? How can satisfaction come from there when they don't even open?

I'd put MRG close to top of any NE list. These surveys are hilarious. Luckily SR is not at the top - let the joeys join Hawk and clog his lodge lol - yahooo for Smuggs and SB lol.

We would all love to say no, we don't care Rippy.  But if the majority of others become unhappy with the product, you risk watching your resort become the next Saddleback.  Granted, SR has deeper pockets behind it than SB did.  But I definitely saw drops in the product from SR last year, and this survey tells me I probably wasn't alone.  Hopefully they were just blips and things run smoother this season (which I am hopeful of).

Ripsaw said:

Do you people really give a s*** who's happy at your mountain as long as you are ? Bragging rights?....really? It's SKI!!

MRG does hardly any grooming so can see why it would not be family friendly on a list. I'm surprised it is at #6. I think The river is very family friendly and the kids programs are outstanding. Not sure what they base there criteria on with these silly lists.

MissWynter said:

I'd put MRG close to top of any NE list. These surveys are hilarious. Luckily SR is not at the top - let the joeys join Hawk and clog his lodge lol - yahooo for Smuggs and SB lol.

This

MissWynter said:

I'd put MRG close to top of any NE list. 
Advertising in the magazine. I couldn't care less where any resort I chose to ski ranks. With Missy here, tell your friends about all those other resorts.

br/>

Mike Dann said:

MRG does hardly any grooming so can see why it would not be family friendly on a list. I'm surprised it is at #6. I think The river is very family friendly and the kids programs are outstanding. Not sure what they base there criteria on with these silly lists.

MissWynter said:

That was not my take away from this survey at all. Like Mike said - what is the survey criteria. They could have left more free copies of SKI mag at the rest areas from NY, or sent survey to people who click on Bogner links. Really...don't let your SR pride get dinged over this.

Kinda like that recent Snowbird marketing campaign on the 1 star rating....consider the source

MachSki said:

We would all love to say no, we don't care Rippy.  But if the majority of others become unhappy with the product, you risk watching your resort become the next Saddleback.  Granted, SR has deeper pockets behind it than SB did.  But I definitely saw drops in the product from SR last year, and this survey tells me I probably wasn't alone.  Hopefully they were just blips and things run smoother this season (which I am hopeful of).

Ripsaw said:

Do you people really give a s*** who's happy at your mountain as long as you are ? Bragging rights?....really? It's SKI!!
Snowbirds new campaign is amazing. OzSkier killing it!!

MissWynter said:
That was not my take away from this survey at all. Like Mike said - what is the survey criteria. They could have left more free copies of SKI mag at the rest areas from NY, or sent survey to people who click on Bogner links. Really...don't let your SR pride get dinged over this.

Kinda like that recent Snowbird marketing campaign on the 1 star rating....consider the source

MachSki said:

Ripsaw said:

Ahh, it won't.  After all, we love Big Sky too and they never rank very high out west.

MissWynter said:

MachSki said:

Ripsaw said:

Interesting at best.  I would love to know what Winn and Egan did for ski magazine.  Maybe some of the local "Green" Mountain product.  LOL.  I agree these surveys are erratic and wonky.  You never know who will be on top.  I am sure that the marketing dept will love this.  Either way it has no bearing on who show up.  It is usually about snowfall or lift ticket prices.  in Reality no one ever comes to Sugarbush and my untracked paradise will remain as it was.  still waiting for Skijamma and letitsnow to visit.

MissWynter said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service