no snow making for 2 seasons now and only open a few days each of the last 2 seasons. What's up Sunday River

Views: 2007

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While its been open far more, add Eureka to that list as well.  Still amazed Quantum didn't at least get an assist while they had the system running to finsh the half pipe.  10 guns would have been enough!

I liked when they made snow on Eureka. IMO The snow drifted into EC from E better than from LP into TW
 
MachSki said:

While its been open far more, add Eureka to that list as well.  Still amazed Quantum didn't at least get an assist while they had the system running to finsh the half pipe.  10 guns would have been enough!

I say it all the time, QL should be a bumped up mogul run w tons of snowmaking and a sound system and I would love to lap it ala the triple at Mt Snow that is set up the same way.  Yes, I know it faces into the snow but I would love real snowmaking on this run and would love to ski it more than just as a way to get to Aurora lift….

Spring google tan bump run
 
MonkeyBrook said:

I say it all the time, QL should be a bumped up mogul run w tons of snowmaking and a sound system and I would love to lap it ala the triple at Mt Snow that is set up the same way.  Yes, I know it faces into the snow but I would love real snowmaking on this run and would love to ski it more than just as a way to get to Aurora lift….

Oh Sunday River, I hear efficiency ME is having a deal this summer.  Trade in the old SR7's and get some new ultra efficient SnowLogic dual vectors for QL.  $3K off each new gun per trade!!

What MB said. 

QL has such a nice pitch and right down the fall line.  Would be one of the best bump runs on the mountain.

+1..I did mean "faces into the sun" but that makes it even better for skiing..just need more snow.

peterk123 said:

What MB said. 

QL has such a nice pitch and right down the fall line.  Would be one of the best bump runs on the mountain.

We got 2 solid weeks of snowmaking on South Ridge for the Frozen Rush instead.  I went down Quantum Leap and Eureka once each this year - which is more than last year.  2 great trails but so much snowmaking went into special events and new T72 that they both dropped in priority.  All of OZ is turning into a wasted opportunity.  Did Eureka's trail sign always say "all natural skiing" - like they've given up completely on snowmaking there?

Boohoo...took it twice, 2x too many...but I guess I just couldn't believe how awful it could be. 

the sign has been there the whole time (7-8 years)  have been coming here. I remember the seeing the guns on Eureka and I thinking the sign was ironic. I also think I remember them grooming it once or twice over that time.

Can anyone confirm Grooming on Eureka? 

poe said:

We got 2 solid weeks of snowmaking on South Ridge for the Frozen Rush instead.  I went down Quantum Leap and Eureka once each this year - which is more than last year.  2 great trails but so much snowmaking went into special events and new T72 that they both dropped in priority.  All of OZ is turning into a wasted opportunity.  Did Eureka's trail sign always say "all natural skiing" - like they've given up completely on snowmaking there?

Yes, they used to have enough snow on it to groom it once in a while.
 
Wheeler said:

the sign has been there the whole time (7-8 years)  have been coming here. I remember the seeing the guns on Eureka and I thinking the sign was ironic. I also think I remember them grooming it once or twice over that time.

Can anyone confirm Grooming on Eureka? 

poe said:

We got 2 solid weeks of snowmaking on South Ridge for the Frozen Rush instead.  I went down Quantum Leap and Eureka once each this year - which is more than last year.  2 great trails but so much snowmaking went into special events and new T72 that they both dropped in priority.  All of OZ is turning into a wasted opportunity.  Did Eureka's trail sign always say "all natural skiing" - like they've given up completely on snowmaking there?

Yes, just checked my data:  Jan 26, 2011, after a nasty freeze/thaw event.

Wheeler :

the sign has been there the whole time (7-8 years)  have been coming here. I remember the seeing the guns on Eureka and I thinking the sign was ironic. I also think I remember them grooming it once or twice over that time.

Can anyone confirm Grooming on Eureka? 

poe said:

We got 2 solid weeks of snowmaking on South Ridge for the Frozen Rush instead.  I went down Quantum Leap and Eureka once each this year - which is more than last year.  2 great trails but so much snowmaking went into special events and new T72 that they both dropped in priority.  All of OZ is turning into a wasted opportunity.  Did Eureka's trail sign always say "all natural skiing" - like they've given up completely on snowmaking there?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service