And here it is.  Had heard rumors of this last year.

Announcing a new slopeside condominium at Sunday River.

Dream Maker Lodge
Imagine...

Imagine living just steps from Sunday River's Dream Maker trail and a moment's schuss from the North Peak Express and Chondola. This is the reality of the new Dream Maker Lodge condominiums coming to Sunday River.

Views: 3068

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure about less than Locke.  Remember, this is a 29 and done unit development.  While there is no pool, there is an outdoor hot tub, sauna and common room plus everything else associated with building ops/maint.  The low # of units is what has me leaning high side dues, along with higher grade of finish.  My understanding is the property will be Boyne star rated and they are shooting g for the max (4 stars).

Beachphan said:

I think fees are hard to estimate, they can vary so much - I have a friend who pays $375/month done in NH for no amenities other than plowing and landscaping, but my guess is they will be $300-$350/month, more than Brookside, less than Locke.  Newer building, better landscaped, higher expectations to keep everything in top condition.  Plus paving requires sealcoating and re-lining every few seasons to maintain, AC to maintain, etc.

How much are the Locke fees? I thought they were around $700?

MachSki said:

Not sure about less than Locke.  Remember, this is a 29 and done unit development.  While there is no pool, there is an outdoor hot tub, sauna and common room plus everything else associated with building ops/maint.  The low # of units is what has me leaning high side dues, along with higher grade of finish.  My understanding is the property will be Boyne star rated and they are shooting g for the max (4 stars).

Beachphan said:

I think fees are hard to estimate, they can vary so much - I have a friend who pays $375/month done in NH for no amenities other than plowing and landscaping, but my guess is they will be $300-$350/month, more than Brookside, less than Locke.  Newer building, better landscaped, higher expectations to keep everything in top condition.  Plus paving requires sealcoating and re-lining every few seasons to maintain, AC to maintain, etc.

Sampling of the listed HOA Fees on condo units for sale by SR RE:

Fall Line ($115K unit)- $825

White Cap ($127K unit) - $1193

Locke ($480K units) - $2109

Beachphan said:

MachSki said:

Beachphan said:

See why they are called CONdos

Quarterly? SO Locke is $703/month?

Glade Monkey said:

Sampling of the listed HOA Fees on condo units for sale by SR RE:

Fall Line ($115K unit)- $825

White Cap ($127K unit) - $1193

Locke ($480K units) - $2109

Beachphan said:

MachSki said:

Beachphan said:

$1142 a quarter for Sunrise.  We may not have a paved parking lot, but we have a large common room with a propane fireplace, large owners room with a pool and Foosball tables,  indoor heated (85) saline pool and hot tub, large sauna and even a small fitness center with HD TV service throughout.  You can buy 2 units at Sunrise for the price of 1 at the new condos.  And our ski trail access will always be earlier too.

I don't think it is a fair comparison between any of the old condos that were build 30+ years ago and the new ones they are building now.  These seem to be tailored to a higher income bracket with nicer finishes and amenities.  We all know how the construction went back when Les was building.  Quality and attention to detail was not exactly the mantra.  Also based on the small number of units putting $ into the HOA fees pool, this will drive the monthly number up.

Numbers of units isn't so much the issue. The amount of major common (shared expense) elements is what drives $ up - pools, common rooms, pavement, roof, siding/windows/doors.

There will be 3-4 units under each square foot of roof "sharing" in long term replacement/repair. Some common space too, but likely not on the level of a separate pool/activity center. All roof above a townhouse design is "allocated" to the unit below it - by default so is the long term expense. Not having a pool to heat, maintain, and eventually resurface or replace greatly lowers the maintenance reserve portion of annual dues. In an association with small number of units a pool is a big expense to spread - every year for operation and over time when collecting for eventual major maintenance. The advantage in small association ... pool isn't a zoo-zone. New project will have modest sized hot tub only.

Quarterly dues should be comparable or less than existing associations on a square foot basis - especially those with pools.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service