The Sunday River community forum officially has a new home at http://sundayrivercommunity.proboards.com/

As shared in an earlier post, this current forum will be ending in mid-May so we recommend that all discussions and content from this point forward be started on the new site. We'll do our best to help spread the word.

Thanks,

Sunday River

Views: 1105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As I previously stated, hundreds of people view daily. You’re going to say what you want regardless of how I respond, however, I will play ball.

It’s a safe, secure platform for people to continue their engagement with others with similar interests, speak their minds, share experiences, pass along information, etc.

To say someone who posts with more frequency than others is a de facto leader would be negligible on your behalf. There are people who posted with more frequency than others on this board, does that make them a leader here too? Everyone has the chance to post, choice to speak and an equal opportunity to do so. 

Which leads me to my next point. Personally, I hold no hostile feelings towards Boyne - nor do I have any malicious intent in helping everyone come together in the same fashion that has been this forum for so long. It’s SR/Boynes choice to end the forum.

If you want me to agree that the timing isn’t great, sure. The site probably garners more attention during peak ski season. I’m willing to bet the decision to discontinue the forum was made post season. 

If SR continued to maintain this site then great! It would save everyone a bunch of time and hassle in having to search for the new forum or an alternate site to access information regarding the mountain, town, events, fundraising, etc. But, since SR/Boyne  have chosen not to, it’s only fair that there is an alternate solution. It has also been kind of them to inform members of this forum, which they host and guide them to an alternate solution. 

WatervilleMESkier said:

you got it - 100's of views - that works - in a week maybe.  Your make shift, fraud scary, site is dead based on the traffic I see- especially with JR as the defacto leader.  You saved the day, but JR took the site over.   I wish you luck.  I hope it explodes leading up to next ski season. It could.  SR screwed the community with the timing here.  Come on - admit that.

I hope that you bury Boyne.  That is why I made the post in the first place.  Local Boyne folk at SR are not smart here. They are extremely foolish. Idiots.   You got them, but not sure you realize it. 

You would agree it would have been better for all that SR continued this community site. No ?  

You should burn this post into your new site:

Permalink Reply by thaller1 on April 25, 2018 at 4:07pm

A sad day I knew was inevitable.  When I think back to when I first signed up on this board.. I didn't have a clue what I was getting into.  Lots of years have gone by...  lots accomplished, lots of fun... lots of changes.  I'm proud to have been a major player for a long time although recently not so much..  I'm grateful for all the friendships and memories.    Maybe a refresh is a good thing although i'm disappointed that SR has cut the ties... but not surprised... something that seems to be happening in a lot of areas as of late...  my biggest disappointment is not even a thank you for the good things ...  and acknowledgment that some of us chose to ski SR based on this community...

Do you check in with MB before take-off too?  

machski

machski Avatar

25 minutes ago

Post by machski on 25 minutes ago

Now June 3rd, old board still up and running. MB, WMS has even checked in over there. Given the anger towards Boyne by him/her, starting to wonder if they are a former employee.

WMS, I am flattered by your infatuation with me. Priceless.

You are one of the best fife players I know.  All your usual minions just love your lame, archaic, misogynist jokes and posts.  Best of luck to you.

Junior said:

Appreciate the kind words. Wishing you the same.

WatervilleMESkier said:

You are one of the best fife players I know.  All your usual minions just love your lame, archaic, misogynist jokes and posts.  Best of luck to you.

Junior said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service