Looking for Barker preferred parking pass for 2018/19 season

If you have one you aren’t planning to use, let’s talk!

Views: 666

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For $2k mines for lease

MonkeyBrook said:

I am not selling, renting or leasing mine...was kidding. 

Simple concept yes, but i think you were lucky with oppurtunity you had.

Jennifer Bott said:

Yes, I have been on the wait list for YEARS.  The reason it is difficult to get off the wait list is because people rarely turn their passes in.  Re: the $2K offer, thanks but no thanks, the "secondary market" to my knowledge doesn't work like that.  This season I simply paid the owner what they actually paid for the pass. The owner is still the owner, but wasn't out of pocket for it when they weren't going to be skiing Sunday River anyway.  I got to use it for the season.  We both won.  Very simple concept.  If someone wants to pay $2K for a parking pass, more power to them.

Feels like a redo....Vertical Plus not Maine like, preferred parking OK.....

http://community.sundayriver.com/forum/topics/vertical-plus-express...

"Maine like".......
Does that mean i need to wear a flannel shirt and be drinking ACB when i park there?

I was speaking only to the parking pass secondary market. I have personally known many people who did what I did, paid the actual cost for the parking pass to use it for one season only. You were the one who entered this discussion because you were curious, so I have relayed what I know. I haven’t known anyone who paid an up charge for someone else’s parking pass for a single season use. I would guess if someone was selling their parking pass permanently then they would be able to make a profit, as they would be getting someone else off the wait list and allowing them to leapfrog over everyone else. There would be a value to that—what that value would be I have no idea. But that was not what I was suggesting when I posted. Perhaps others that I don’t know have paid a premium for a single season parking pass, but I personally don’t know of any. The fact is, if you get there early enough you don’t need one at all. I tend to get there very early, so it is of limited use to me. Still useful for those days when getting the kids out the door is like herding cats, but that is a short term issue.

It’s hard to get to adulthood without buying someone else’s concert or game tickets at a premium. That’s not what I was referring to. 

"Many" people on both sides of the secondary market.
MW on list for many years.

That's good to know.
I guess my pass (or my spot in the line) is worth more than i suspected.
In that case I expect the price to rise again next year.

Couple quotes from the other discussion.  Maybe "fit" is a better term?  Wasn't for or against the Vertical +, the hypocrisy is entertaining.  Can't pay for a preferred lift line, but can pay for preferred parking....Ok to skin up the mountain before it opens, to get preferred conditions.

At the end of the day, "Vertical +" is not very "Maine".

Our first Vertical line trip - we rode up with patroller. I told him the concept didn't really seem to fit Maine. And he looked at me all offended lol, he was from Maine. So hard to explain what I meant, but I agree

Definitely will be nice the next couple weeks - but overall I don't think it really "fits" at SR. I bet there was similar backlash at premium parking yet that's settled in nicely (especially at 10a).

Wheelie said:

"Maine like".......
Does that mean i need to wear a flannel shirt and be drinking ACB when i park there?

I predicted this exact tangent would happen by noon, I was wrong. Also figured it would be by WMS, wrong again.  I'm losing my edge lol. 

Promontory Rider said:

Couple quotes from the other discussion.  Maybe "fit" is a better term?

At the end of the day, "Vertical +" is not very "Maine".

Our first Vertical line trip - we rode up with patroller. I told him the concept didn't really seem to fit Maine. And he looked at me all offended lol, he was from Maine. So hard to explain what I meant, but I agree

Definitely will be nice the next couple weeks - but overall I don't think it really "fits" at SR. I bet there was similar backlash at premium parking yet that's settled in nicely (especially at 10a).

Wheelie said:

"Maine like".......
No one on this board had issues with reserved parking when it came out.

The roll out of v+ pretty much assured it failure.

I believe there were people against the preferred parking and valet parking when it came out.....

Wheelie said:

No one on this board had issues with reserved parking when it came out.

You've been around longer than I and I dont know about any "valet" parking, but i was here when barker preferred parking started and I dont remember anything like v+ discussion?

What are we talking about?

For the record, I am not against anything that the mt choses to sell to make $...if people want V+ and willing to pay, so be it (Sugarbush has it, SL has it), if people want to park in preferred spot great (I have had pass for 10 years and love it, I don't always arrive early), if people want a locker, great.  If people want to spend $3K at the Mt Room awesome.  SR is here to make money and provide fun/safe skiing experience.  I am all for it, I don't get the "Its not very Maine"....what does that even mean?  Most people I ski with do not live in Maine and are not from Maine....who cares?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service