Seems they've feared their ugly head again.  Looks as though Barker went from being down for maintenance just Monday to Monday through Wednesday (at the least as of now).  It looks like North Peak Express (has been one of the more reliable though lightly used until T72 went in) is down now too.  Hopefully it is just minor stuff, but Barker being out for long stretches mid season is becoming g the norm, not the exception.  I think MB recommended not replacing Spruce and instead throwing that money on an all new Barker.  That is sounding better and better.

Views: 12369

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A point to Hawk on this one.  I was at the Mid-station, not the base of the lift.  I only heard one side of the conversation.  He could indeed have talked to a lift mechanic and had the mechanic lock out the sensor.  Also, early season with Locke, most of the lifties ARE lift mechanics.

Hawk said:

Junior.  Across the industry this feature is widely used.  If it did not, do you realize how many lift evacs would happen?  it is usually not the lifty that does the overriding.  Have you not seen the Lift ops guy show up on the snowmobile, climb up into the control room, and in a few minutes the lift mysteriously works?  Sensors do fail from time to time and report false readings.  So they make and educated decision to override. I doubt what D*** is saying is exactly what happened.  They would consult lift ops.

Ha!  Hope you enjoyed the 8" of fresh at BC.  

Junior said:

What? Are you serious? SR locks out safety sensors so they can run a lift? And they leave this decision up to a lifty? What? Please tell me that is not the case, especially with Boyne's track record of lift safety issues in Maine.

Don't diss slow fixed grips...they operate on windhold days (see Black Mountain of Maine)

Indeed. 2 days left.

Been full on spring skiing this past week.

We hit (in order) Vail, Vail, Breck, Beav, Keystone.

Today we're back here at Vail and we will close the trip out with A Basin tomorrow.

Been a wonderful week so far. Have to leave early Sunday morning to make it to MSG for puck off at 7.

Miss the place already.

Have to hook up with you guys out here next season.

1st chair in 30. See ya........

sitzmark said:

Ha!  Hope you enjoyed the 8" of fresh at BC.  

Junior said:

What? Are you serious? SR locks out safety sensors so they can run a lift? And they leave this decision up to a lifty? What? Please tell me that is not the case, especially with Boyne's track record of lift safety issues in Maine.

Email today from the River.  Spruce is going in for sure this summer.

The 2016/17 season may be winding down as we make our way to our annual last day on May 1, but we’re getting ready to kick off 2017/18 by breaking ground on the new Spruce Peak Triple chairlift.

We’re thrilled to announce that construction on the new lift will begin next month, thanks to the support of our parent company, Boyne Resorts, and our new financial partner, Och-Ziff Capital Management Group.

As we shared earlier, the new lift will be a $2.1 million dollar, fixed-grip triple chairlift built in the same location as the original lift, which will make the ride faster and more comfortable. As an ode to the original, we intend to keep the name “Spruce Peak Triple.” Our estimated construction timeline is six months, which coincides nicely with our early-season operating plan.

We sincerely appreciate your patience this winter and look forward to celebrating this new addition with you next season. In the meantime, you can follow construction progress on our First Chair blog.

Thanks for being a passholder.

Sincerely,

Dana Bullen
Resort President & General Manager

KEEP UP WITH US
soc-fb soc-tw soc-ins soc-yt soc-pin soc-4sq soc-tum

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service