Seems they've feared their ugly head again.  Looks as though Barker went from being down for maintenance just Monday to Monday through Wednesday (at the least as of now).  It looks like North Peak Express (has been one of the more reliable though lightly used until T72 went in) is down now too.  Hopefully it is just minor stuff, but Barker being out for long stretches mid season is becoming g the norm, not the exception.  I think MB recommended not replacing Spruce and instead throwing that money on an all new Barker.  That is sounding better and better.

Views: 9525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Impressive - I'd say they're very interested in the King of Spring crown.

Max pass runs in June!

Junior said:

June skiing is a lot of fun. Skiing in shorts and t-shirts. BBQ's and kegs going at bottom of lift. Lots of bikinis. Huge soft spring bumps, etc.

There will also be tree skiing in June on skiers right from the bottom of upper headwall all the way to the lift. Lots of blow over into those woods and the trees are spaced very nicely for some soft corn tree skiing.

You should come down and ski The Beast in June with MB, GoBU, and the rest of the spring skiers here on SR board.

Keeping in mind, if ma nature keeps it cooler than warmer in May, then mid to late June is not out of the question. In 96-97, we were skiing lift serviced woods and Superstar on June 22nd. 70 and sunny and top to bottom spring bumps.

Snowmaking only goes so far though. Mother nature takes over from there. Fingers x-ed for some June turns. Dare I say July?

Glade Monkey said:

Impressive - I'd say they're very interested in the King of Spring crown.

Max pass runs in June!

Junior said:

From today report, I am going out for a sample this afternoon

Our snowmaking squad worked their magic on both Upper Obsession and Upper Sunday Punch starting at 8PM last night and are just now turning off the guns. Sprinkle a bit of light snow from Mother Nature on top and we have ourselves a great looking day.

Nice job by Killington, very impressive.

Got out for a few hours today, conditions were great and Barker was running fine.  Lots of new snow ala snowmaking and some natural falling. Should be a nice weekend.  

MonkeyBrook said:

From today report, I am going out for a sample this afternoon

Our snowmaking squad worked their magic on both Upper Obsession and Upper Sunday Punch starting at 8PM last night and are just now turning off the guns. Sprinkle a bit of light snow from Mother Nature on top and we have ourselves a great looking day.

Nice job by Killington, very impressive.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service