Word on the street says that 4 lifts are down due to storm related damages. 

1. Locke Tripple: Lift operation hut blew over.

2. Jordan Bowl Express: Door to the control room blew open due to wind and the entire room froze.

3. Aura Quad: Windows were blown out due to wind and the control room froze. 

4. Chondola: Frozen control room

Anyone got some info on these? I hiked up to locke the other day and saw the damage myself and yesterday skinned to Aura looking for snow... the wind really ripped through there.

Views: 1170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jordan bowl was supposed to open today but in the end didn't due to wind

Chondola is run but without the cabins at the moment.

Southridge Express is down due to mechanical issues, hopefully open by the weekend

Wind? There was NO wind today. 

Yes, Jordan was and still is down for maintenance. 

As of 10:07 this am I can confirm the Locke control room is standing and not frozen

some one asked who you were last week and I told them you were "Midweek Monkeybrook" the local.

just trying to be like Mid Week BobR....

Wheelie said:

some one asked who you were last week and I told them you were "Midweek Monkeybrook" the local.

next thing you know they will be calling you "slick MonkeyBrook" or "big MonkeyBrook" 

MonkeyBrook said:

just trying to be like Mid Week BobR....

Wheelie said:

some one asked who you were last week and I told them you were "Midweek Monkeybrook" the local.

Southridge is back up and running.  No idea on Jordan's status, Aurora (and White Heat) are on windhold so even if mechanically ready, it would be on hold too.

or "other monkey brook"

Wheelie said:

next thing you know they will be calling you "slick MonkeyBrook" or "big MonkeyBrook" 

MonkeyBrook said:

just trying to be like Mid Week BobR....

Wheelie said:

some one asked who you were last week and I told them you were "Midweek Monkeybrook" the local.

According to the afternoon report, Jordan down until the weekend.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 3:49:42 PM

The lift maintenance team is working to fix a mechanical issue with the Jordan Bowl Express, which should re-open during the day on Wednesday. In the meantime, the Jordan Double will be open for ski-out access from the Jordan Hotel to the Aurora Basin and hotel guests can utilize resort shuttles to return to the hotel from any base area.

MachSki said:

According to the afternoon report, Jordan down until the weekend.

Well, every minute we get new updates.  We'll see, skins are in the pack regardless tomorrow.  Can't let good snow get wasted :)

Promontory Rider said:

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 3:49:42 PM

The lift maintenance team is working to fix a mechanical issue with the Jordan Bowl Express, which should re-open during the day on Wednesday. In the meantime, the Jordan Double will be open for ski-out access from the Jordan Hotel to the Aurora Basin and hotel guests can utilize resort shuttles to return to the hotel from any base area.

MachSki said:

According to the afternoon report, Jordan down until the weekend.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service