How about the gondola cabin falling in to the slope at north peak

Views: 4001

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The last lift at Disney was decommissioned after an accidental death!

CartMan! said:

I will defer to SteveSki when it comes to Lift expertise at Disney

It’s back...  https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/12/12-days-of-disney-pa...



SteveSki said:

The last lift at Disney was decommissioned after an accidental death!

CartMan! said:

I will defer to SteveSki when it comes to Lift expertise at Disney

Nice system you got there. T-Gun? 

I have a low-pressure T-Gun that I run on the hill in my yard if / when it's cold enough so that I have something to ski on in my yard. I can get about 2 inches over 100 sq. feet per hour in good conditions, which isn't much, but good enough for my purposes.

SundanceKid said:

I am not Max, but I have made snow before.

I made a snow gun this year (although I didn't get all the parts together until about 1 hour before our first snow).

I used these instructions

http://www.snsnowmaking.com/2011/step1-snowmaker-parts.php

For what its worth, it costs me about $0.50/hr to run (between my well pump running, compressor, and power washer).  My pressure washer is a little weak for this and my well doesn't really provide enough water (I wouldn't be able to keep up with the demands of even 1 of Sunday River's snow making guns!).

Speaking of which, I saw the yellow fan snow gun run this past weekend. Those things are awesome. It was making a ton of snow and it was quiet (is it not using compressed air? I thought that was necessary).

Really liking this.  Thanks for the link cnr1089.  If you find plans for a home based fan gun ... come back with that info too!!   This could drive the winter hating neighbors crazy !!

Mike

The Techno Alpin fan guns all have small, onboard compressors that are electric to supply the small amount of compressed air needed at the nozzle mix with the water.  But it an amount that is similar to the Snow Logic towers they moved over to the South ridge terrain park this year.  Super quiet as not much air is needed, just a touch to finalize nucleation.  Most nucleation is accomplished these days via nozzle design.  Plus, with the fan gun, you get that high volume of air moving out and expanding from the fan air itself.  The silver Boyne fan guns operate similarly except they went without an onboard compressors and tap the mountain airlines instead.


cnr1089 said:

I made a snow gun this year (although I didn't get all the parts together until about 1 hour before our first snow).

I used these instructions

http://www.snsnowmaking.com/2011/step1-snowmaker-parts.php

For what its worth, it costs me about $0.50/hr to run (between my well pump running, compressor, and power washer).  My pressure washer is a little weak for this and my well doesn't really provide enough water (I wouldn't be able to keep up with the demands of even 1 of Sunday River's snow making guns!).

Speaking of which, I saw the yellow fan snow gun run this past weekend. Those things are awesome. It was making a ton of snow and it was quiet (is it not using compressed air? I thought that was necessary).

Yes a simple tee. It was fun until I overheated the compressor. It is all fixed now. Boys want to build a better system but I need a better compressor.

Max Hart said:

Nice system you got there. T-Gun? 

You should probably install a check valve on the air line so you don't end up with water accidently in your compressor. Going to add this to my installation next. I think this cost me $35 (already had the compressor and pressure washer).

SailingSkier said:

Really liking this.  Thanks for the link cnr1089.  If you find plans for a home based fan gun ... come back with that info too!!   This could drive the winter hating neighbors crazy !!

Mike

The check valve addition is a good idea.  The picture in the link includes a regulator but doesn't list one among the parts.

I have a pressure washer which I was going to try snow making by itself.  My compressor is quite small (used with a small nailer) but worth a try.

Until Monday Halifax, N.S. was in a snow drought --- least snow to this point of the winter for the past 65 years!  The drought has ended !! 

Glad to hear the end of your drought.  So, should we blame you for the snow drought starting up for us (LOL)?!


SailingSkier said:

The check valve addition is a good idea.  The picture in the link includes a regulator but doesn't list one among the parts.

I have a pressure washer which I was going to try snow making by itself.  My compressor is quite small (used with a small nailer) but worth a try.

Until Monday Halifax, N.S. was in a snow drought --- least snow to this point of the winter for the past 65 years!  The drought has ended !! 


Haha, just seeing this now. Remind to tell you about how he bloodied some olympians head few yrs back. 
NickelPlated said:

yeah, It was Wheelie's fault. 

Snow-tech smack down 2018 ! Machski vs Max!

Ripsaw said:

It's awesome. Max really knows his stuff in contrast to Machski who just posts crap from his most recent Google search......kinda like Zenny with football. He wants to be the smartest guy in the sandbox, but it's obvious he doesn't know his ass from a h*** in the ground.

MonkeyBrook said:

Nice we have our fact checkers checking Max.  This lift tech talk is really exciting.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service