Hi skiers and riders
I haven't skied here in awhile. What is the fastest road from newton to the River?

Views: 1101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, but the girl is dead set on The River. Good on her.

Why you trying to direct people away from SR and over to K?

MAC said:

http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=13

Junior said:

You're a couple states east of where there is still lift serviced skiing.

A Basin also has lift serviced skiing, but they're a little further than 2 states away.

Good luck.....

YOU seem lost

Junior said:

MAC said:

Junior said:

A Basin also has lift serviced skiing, but they're a little further than 2 states away.

Good luck.....

He has been lost for 10+ years, but he is now at home here....

MAC said:

YOU seem lost

Junior said:

MAC said:

Junior said:

Good luck.....

He's like a lost puppy.....

just not as cute

MonkeyBrook said:

MAC said:

YOU seem lost

Junior said:

MAC said:

Junior said:

Good luck.....

10+ years is an understatement. I have been lost for just as long (if not longer), than MS69 and GoBU. Don't sell me short. Been way longer than 10+ years.

MonkeyBrook said:

MAC said:

YOU seem lost

Junior said:

MAC said:

Junior said:

Good luck.....

I always use the I-93 route as it is prettier (country after Concord) instead of towns and traffic on Rt 26. About 10 miles, 10 minutes slower unless . . . it is snowing in Franconia Notch or an accident on Rt 26. Avoid snowy notch and "grim and bear it" on Rt 26 when the other idiots create road blocks.

DickC said:

I come from Peabody, and go right up 95 to exit 63 Gray Maine.  From there, you go over the highway after the exit and take a right on 26A to Route 26.  Route 26 is a rural two lane highway with varied speed limits.  When the signs say to slow down DO SO as those areas are heavily patrolled.  The route 26 part is about 60 miles and takes about 70-75 minutes.  Follow the signs for Sunday River once in Bethel.  Its actually hard to miss the red roofed Sunday River Brewery right on the corner of 26 and Sunday River road.

You can take an alternate route by going up route 93, through Franconia notch to US route 3.  After about 8-10 miles turn off on Route 115 and follow up to Route 2.  Take route 2 east to Bethel and Sunday River.  An alternate to that is to take Route 3 north from Burlington and catch up to 93 north of Manchester.  I would tray Googling the varied routes and see what it recommends.

Yup - when we lived in Gilead. 93/3/115/2 was about 15-20 mins faster than going 95/26

Patroller--- I will check out that route. I hate traffic so much.

I just do Rte 26 straight all the way  to SR,... on a good day 48 mins...,  Friday night ...58 mins. Bad weather. at least an hour.

Stay away from 93/3/115 if possible.....I'm thinking that's where you lose all your drive time.

Yes. I definitely want the fastest way

It depends on when you leave Newton.  If it is a Friday afternoon any time after 3:00pm you will wait in RT128 traffic from basically the Mass pike exit to 93 and then all the way up 93 to the new 3 lane configuration in Londonderry.  Also after the tolls approaching Concord, NH.  I think at that time of day the 95 - 26 option is faster.  If you are going off hours or Saturday morning early then the 93 option might be OK.

Yep, it's all about the timing.  We come from south of Boston, and the fastest way is right through the city, over the Tobin Bridge, and up Rt. 1 to 95.  On a weekday we have to leave between 9:30 and noon or the traffic will be ridiculous.  We listen to the BZ traffic reports and check out Sigalert for any problems.  If the Expressway is tied up, we'll go 128.  Weekends there are fewer problems.  Coming home on weekdays, we either leave around 9-10AM or wait until after 4PM.  We're lucky to be retired.  My sympathies go out to anyone driving up on Friday night.  Check out Mapquest to get the times for each different route.

Hawk said:

It depends on when you leave Newton.  If it is a Friday afternoon any time after 3:00pm you will wait in RT128 traffic from basically the Mass pike exit to 93 and then all the way up 93 to the new 3 lane configuration in Londonderry.  Also after the tolls approaching Concord, NH.  I think at that time of day the 95 - 26 option is faster.  If you are going off hours or Saturday morning early then the 93 option might be OK.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service