Is there any reason why these trails haven't been groomed once this season? I would assume if there is enough natural snow to ski trees, a cat could pack these trails down.

Views: 594

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wouldn't assume that.  I don't think SR has groomed any natural trail yet, have they?  Vortex, Shockwave, Southpaw, Excaluibur, etc havent been groomed yet.  Once you roll a groomer over that natural there isn't much left.  Just my $.02.  I know the cold has prevented snowmaking, just hoping it now isn't too warm to warrant snowmaking

MB, I would agree with your logic about Excali and Rogaine Gel having not been groomed. But they have groomed green naturals. 3 mile was groomed. As the mayor and mid week local you should have know that.

right, green groomers.  You are correct, nothing w any pitch.  Has 3D even been groomed yet?  Add Downdraft, QL, Sluice etc to the list of ungroomed.

SundanceKid said:

MB, I would agree with your logic about Excali and Rogaine Gel having not been groomed. But they have groomed green naturals. 3 mile was groomed. As the mayor and mid week local you should have know that.

If you roll them they will be ruined until it snows again.  I would bet they will scare up all kinds of crap if they put the tiller to them.  What's wrong with a few small bumps anyway.

Rogue is currently getting Snowmaking.  I thought Excalibur already got Snowmaking but could be wrong.

If the second pitch on Rogue is anything like Downdraft and Upper Airglow, there is nothing but rock after the "wind event".  I skinned over to Aurora Sunday morning - south ridge > grand rapids>lower DD, Lights Out - and thought about skinning up DD to ski it, but decided it wasn't worth it.  Was roped anyway.  Upper Vortex and Upper AG were the same lunar surface.  Lower Vortex was beat pretty bad in sections too.  Ended up skiing upper NL to lower Airglow.  

Nice!!!  Missed you out there. 

sitzmark said:

If the second pitch on Rogue is anything like Downdraft and Upper Airglow, there is nothing but rock after the "wind event".  I skinned over to Aurora Sunday morning - south ridge > grand rapids>lower DD, Lights Out - and thought about skinning up DD to ski it, but decided it wasn't worth it.  Was roped anyway.  Upper Vortex and Upper AG were the same lunar surface.  Lower Vortex was beat pretty bad in sections too.  Ended up skiing upper NL to lower Airglow.  

Ironic how DD and Top Gun were fabulous before the snowstorm, and now closed. Still haven't gone further west than Aurora this season.

Same here - haven't been beyond Aurora this year.  Skied six days in a row over break - west of Aurora was open day.   Hopefully this weekend.  Boyne has to be taking a hit YTD at Easter resorts.


 MissWynter said:

Ironic how DD and Top Gun were fabulous before the snowstorm, and now closed. Still haven't gone further west than Aurora this season.

Jordan opened after lunch today, Excalibur was groomed top to bottom along with Lola with some soft powder on the sides. Blind was windswept but plenty of snow for tomorrow.

Rogue was getting snow all the way down and skied great after 1 pm.

Great news! Thanks for the update.  

phanga said:

Jordan opened after lunch today, Excalibur was groomed top to bottom along with Lola with some soft powder on the sides. Blind was windswept but plenty of snow for tomorrow.

Rogue was getting snow all the way down and skied great after 1 pm.

Surprising on the natural stuff, what held up and what didn't.  Got first tracks down Tonight Woods with patrol today, skiers left had some pockets but as you would expect, much was a lunar ice scape.  Carumba held up much better and skied great today.  Upper Downdraft had the best machine made under the guns, mostly soft and dry.  Rogue wasn't bad, a bit thicker to be expected with SV10's but was nice with good coverage all the way to skier's right.  The surprise natural for me was Airglow.  Couldn't believe how well that held the snow, for pretty much the entire run from lights out skiers left.  Fantastic.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service