So, with Labor Day next weekend, another summer is on its way out.  Time to start a thread on opening day guessing.  Its been a while since we could even entertain an early October open so I'm going with Monday October 12.

And if you guessed Family as next to Rite Aid, you win (though not open yet).  Also hearing some other, better rumors, for stores coming to Bethel.  Will be nice if those pan out IMHO.

Views: 720

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

we will ski sunday of Dempsey weekend, ride then ski.  And summer lasts right up until first day of skiing..personally the weeks post labor day when crowds go away are even more enjoyable than July-August.

Fall's the new summer.
September is the best month, but don't tell the tourists.
Opening day will be Halloween

and that Family Dollar is hideous...saw it today. Town of Bethel should be ashamed.  We already had Mardens 20 miles away...no need for a Family Dollar there.  Eye sore, awful sign...not what "Maine's Most Beautiful Mt Villiage" should have smack dab in middle of one of busiest intersections in town.  Sorry, I do not like it at all and will never go there. 

Oct 29th.  Rumors,  Wish one was a new grocery store. 

Maine zoning is an oxymoron.  Bethel does slightly better than the area, but in general...that's Maine.  There are a few more on 26 that have opened in the last year or so.  The Dollar Tree close to me (the only 'true' dollar store) has closed, and I just noticed what is replacing it - The Cycle Loft!  Yahooo....that's a win.

For Opening Day, I'm going for Friday October 23rd.

MonkeyBrook said:

and that Family Dollar is hideous...saw it today. Town of Bethel should be ashamed.  We already had Mardens 20 miles away...no need for a Family Dollar there.  Eye sore, awful sign...not what "Maine's Most Beautiful Mt Villiage" should have smack dab in middle of one of busiest intersections in town.  Sorry, I do not like it at all and will never go there. 

I'll guess Friday October 30th as opening day. I as well have no use for Family Dollar. I'll have to get some blinders for Right as she does frequent these stores. Definitely no stop on the way to the mountain in the mornings.

Love this time of year.  LOVE IT!  The only downside is the shorter daylight...wish Dempsey was sooner because it is getting hard to train, had to wait until 5:45 to go out this morning, soon won't be light enough until 6.

Well Bob r, that is one I've heard floating around.  Would be nice, if it happens, hope it has nice aesthetics to the building and not a plain vanilla box.

On another note, given no major events, town and the mountain both seemed to have a decent level of traffic this past weekend.  The Sturgeon Moon peak dinner was well attended Friday and Saturday on our way to 22 Broad, all the restaurants (except black diamond) that were open had good volume from the looks of things.  22 Broad as good as always with a nice crowd.
bob r/vortex said:

Oct 29th.  Rumors,  Wish one was a new grocery store. 

we were the only people in 22 Broad last night at around 8 pm, town was dead on Sunday afternoon that i.e. except for any parent that is moving their kid into Gould today.....that created a level of activity for sure.  Place is a dead zone in the summer, which I kind of enjoy. 

MachSki said:

Well Bob r, that is one I've heard floating around.  Would be nice, if it happens, hope it has nice aesthetics to the building and not a plain vanilla box.

On another note, given no major events, town and the mountain both seemed to have a decent level of traffic this past weekend.  The Sturgeon Moon peak dinner was well attended Friday and Saturday on our way to 22 Broad, all the restaurants (except black diamond) that were open had good volume from the looks of things.  22 Broad as good as always with a nice crowd.
bob r/vortex said:

Oct 29th.  Rumors,  Wish one was a new grocery store. 

Summer is a mixed bag.  Cho Sun and Suds do pretty well all summer, Cafe DiCocoa is always busy, Miltons has told me they are busier in summer than winter.  Never seem to get further up to the common than that though...Broad street isn't really on the "strip" - HA.  I love it in summer though.  Really is tons to do (when not house painting I mean...).  Grocery store?  Hmmm... I'm happy with what's there, but thats b/c I can walk there.  Don't see the need for a huge box grocery though.

I'll say Oct 28th for opening.   

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service