Dear community members,

We have hosted this community forum for many years to accompany our website, however, because it is not an official communication channel for the resort we have decided to discontinue it.

In mid-May we will launch an updated version of sundayriver.com, and this transition will mark the point at which we will no longer host this forum.

We are sharing this information now to allow anyone who is actively involved with the forum the opportunity to start their own, if they wish, and invite others to join. 

Thank you,

Sunday River

Views: 3041

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am still trying to work through the kinks. My initial thought is that it can't be transferred, which is unfortunate. But, I am going to look and see if it is possible. If not, it seems from reading in here that the forum has been "nuked" previously and had to start from scratch. 

Levy24 said:

Looks great.

Any idea if any of the old threads can be ported over?

MAC said:

So, I think I found something that might work. It has been a while since I have run/moderated a forum. But, this option appears to be completely free.

http://sundayrivercommunity.proboards.com/

Feel free to have an opinion, etc. Moderators can be added, etc. and I promise not to censor the word "H0LE"

It is up and ready for anyone to join/post.

Junior said:

I'm going to register on this new page.

MAC, are you ready to get this up and running in the short term?

If so, maybe we should all try to register there now?

What say you MAC, and the rest?

Will register and check it out, nice job MAC.

I'm registered.

Let's get registered and check in in the "Hey, I'm here" thread..

Thanks MAC

I will register

This forum was nuked ~5 years ago and it came back.

MAC said:

I am still trying to work through the kinks. My initial thought is that it can't be transferred, which is unfortunate. But, I am going to look and see if it is possible. If not, it seems from reading in here that the forum has been "nuked" previously and had to start from scratch. 

Levy24 said:

Looks great.

Any idea if any of the old threads can be ported over?

MAC said:

So, I think I found something that might work. It has been a while since I have run/moderated a forum. But, this option appears to be completely free.

http://sundayrivercommunity.proboards.com/

Feel free to have an opinion, etc. Moderators can be added, etc. and I promise not to censor the word "H0LE"

Thanks very much MAC - I've registered.

Very disappointed in SR for pulling the plug on this board. More and more I don't understand SR management's thinking and customer communications strategy.

I'm up over at Proboard.  Nice job, makes for an easy way to still communicate anyway.  Good bridge platform but does not appear to allow photo posts, etc.  Or did I miss something.

An ad-based, FB-like privacy policy including 3rd party sharing.  Going to research a little more before registering, but great job MAC!

Wow! Ya'll have said most everything I would have about the positive aspects this board has allowed. I recall when the ill-fated SnowEast Magazine published a short piece on this group and the aspects that others have already mentioned.

I will add to the positive things - cause it hasn't been mentioned yet - that have come from this board... The Sunday River Community cycling squad. While I have ridden in the Dempsey for several years, I don't know the total amount of money that has been raised for the Dempsey Center. I know what my totals are, but that doesn't matter. What matters is what we raised as a team while riding under the banner of the SRCB. I'd be remiss not to point to the immense time and energy that MB has put towards that effort and the Dempsey Challenge event. So many of the people on here have been part of the team at one point or another and we have consistently been near the top of the board in terms of team fundraising, all the while, under the SRCB banner. 

Thanks again for your valued input, it will be treated appropriately!

WatervilleMESkier said:

Great post.  If it is true that me, WatervilleMESkier, AKA MonkeybrookesMother deep sixth-ed this community board then the weasels who signed the post  "Sunday River" otta have the nads to name me as the reason.  Howabout adding something constructive to this situation SteveSki.  Why don't you belly up and host this board you big fat fraud.

SteveSki said:

Perhaps your constant search for an email showing guilt put them over the edge........   just sayin....

I choose not to continue with this back and forth.  Good luck to you on the new board.

SteveSki said:

Thanks again for your valued input, it will be treated appropriately!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service