Dear community members,

We have hosted this community forum for many years to accompany our website, however, because it is not an official communication channel for the resort we have decided to discontinue it.

In mid-May we will launch an updated version of sundayriver.com, and this transition will mark the point at which we will no longer host this forum.

We are sharing this information now to allow anyone who is actively involved with the forum the opportunity to start their own, if they wish, and invite others to join. 

Thank you,

Sunday River

Views: 3011

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Long-time lurker, almost-never poster here.  I check this board all the time, would really miss the conversations and intel on what's happening on the mountain.  But if it were a closed group on FB I wouldn't use it, got off of FB several years ago.  

I'd be happy to contribute $ towards hosting fees but lack the skills to do so myself.

~l

This site is pretty much the same thing as a closed Facebook page so I think it would work if this falls apart. Folks could just use that page and not do any other Facebook stuff if they are not into it. That being said the resort adds money every year to passes and parking passes and can't swing this for their long time customers 
is pathetic.
Escape said:

I created a FB page, it's called Sunday River Community.  I have not added photos or description, but the page is there.  If people want to keep it, let me know, I can add admins who can then add photos and descriptions.

But what am I going to do now for ski talk, ski conditions updates (non Fake News), Beer talk, Pats vs the world and "snow tech" fire side chats with Machski. This message-board is a ff-ucking prison! ...OnPlanet Bullschidt In the galaxy of This Sucks Camel Dicks!! 

OZSkier had a back channel forum in his back pocket ready to go back when we were on the brink of getting the boot.

SR look at how many of us have been here a very long time.  The charitable events and promotions alone justify this board's existence...

Shutting this down shows extremely shortsightedness on the part of Sunday River.  This has been a terrific source of info about the hill and no end of great PR for them.  Shutting it sown, leaves a bad taste in the mouth....  And look at the timing of this announcement.  Rather a sneaky move on the part of management.  If they are opening a new web site they could quite easily slide the forum onto the page.

And whatever else we are losing, no great loss is that of phanga's contest.  Fun, educational and makes me want to come visit and find his camera locations.

Yup a bad taste ... a real pity.  And all the people I've told about the forums.   

WOW  ... SR ... a big mistake, in my opinion.

Just seeing this. Huge huge bummer for personally if this goes away and nothing takes its place. I have many good friends and have had some great experiences as a result of this board. Unfortunately not good timing for me to be able to do much besides be a cheerleader right now. FWIW the loaf online community had to deal with this years ago and seems to be ok...

http://www.sugarloaftoday.com

Total posts 60218 • Total topics 5270 • Total members 1236

PS - Go B’s!!!

Great post.  If it is true that me, WatervilleMESkier, AKA MonkeybrookesMother deep sixth-ed this community board then the weasels who signed the post  "Sunday River" otta have the nads to name me as the reason.  Howabout adding something constructive to this situation SteveSki.  Why don't you belly up and host this board you big fat fraud.

SteveSki said:

Perhaps your constant search for an email showing guilt put them over the edge........   just sayin....

Not the right time for this WMS.....

You too Steve.

Highly doubt this decision was driven by (towards) either one of you.

Need to figure out a replacement for this board.

I really think 2 or 3 or 4 of us could dedicate a couple of hours and a couple of bucks each week to do this on our own if Boyne really does pull the plug.

I am in. Anyone else? If not, then just let it die. If so, then let's put our heads together and get the new board off the ground. I know a bunch of folks who could get us right to the top of google page 1 via SEO. 

If I'm the only one who wants to do this, then the board and community will die along with the wonderful things we do for so many charitable organizations.

Now is the time to speak up. Anyone.....?

WatervilleMESkier said:

Great post.  If it is true that me, WatervilleMESkier, AKA MonkeybrookesMother deep sixth-ed this community board then the weasels who signed the post  "Sunday River" otta have the nads to name me as the reason.  Howabout adding something constructive to this situation SteveSki.  Why don't you belly up and host this board you big fat fraud.

SteveSki said:

Perhaps your constant search for an email showing guilt put them over the edge........   just sayin....

Post the links to those sites here.....

Glade Monkey said:

#savesrcb should be posted repeatedly on all the SR social media sites. Max is leading the charge!

So, .. I only have 3 weeks to post the pics that I thought they woudn't like??!!

FU Bruce.

Junior said:

Not the right time for this WMS.....

You too Steve.

Highly doubt this decision was driven by (towards) either one of you.

Need to figure out a replacement for this board.

I really think 2 or 3 or 4 of us could dedicate a couple of hours and a couple of bucks each week to do this on our own if Boyne really does pull the plug.

I am in. Anyone else? If not, then just let it die. If so, then let's put our heads together and get the new board off the ground. I know a bunch of folks who could get us right to the top of google page 1 via SEO. 

If I'm the only one who wants to do this, then the board and community will die along with the wonderful things we do for so many charitable organizations.

Now is the time to speak up. Anyone.....?

WatervilleMESkier said:

SteveSki said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service