Hello All.

It is that time of year again. I have been in touch with the Christmas for Families group and will be organizing a toy drive again.  Not sure how many years this had been, but it has become an annual event.

Christmas for Families is a local Grass routes organization that offers help for those that could use a little extra support in the holiday season.

The group provides Toys, Winter clothes and general support to the local community.

Our group has focused on  2 to 17 year olds.

We try to provide Safe and Fun Toys to the local Kids.

Guidelines if you think it may not be appropriate, it probably is not.  Looking for items that need not be expensive, but thoughtful and safe. 

How it works is you bring and un wrapped toy. 

I will take care of making sure it is delivered.  I make trips to a private local drop off point.

Families come in and chose toys for their families and are given wrapping paper to personally wrap the gifts, so they have some involvement in the process.

If any of you will be at the barker Mug club party, you can bring toys then and see me, or Pm me and we can work out options off line. 

Mountain Real Estate, across from South Ridge, next to Trails end will be an drop off area again as well.  Many thanks to Susan. for her continued support.

Most of this group has been supporting this from Day one, and Christmas for Families appreciates all the support.  I believe this group alone helped over 100 Kids last year.  Something to be very proud of.  Personally it feels great to be party of a Community that supports Many groups.  

Thanks to Sunday River for letting us use this platform.

Thanks Bob 

Views: 941

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2nd drop off today

Attachments:

+1000

That's a lot of toys for those families.

This is awesome.

Just think about how many moms and dads out there can now give their kids presents for the holidaze that otherwise would not have been able to. So awesome. Great stuff Vortex.

If I was local to you, I'd drop off a few myself, but I am too far away to make the drive to Maine to drop off some toys. But, great job by all who made this happen. You guys rock!!

Today’s drop off is in the lunch. Thanks to all who donated and thank you to Susan and Mountain Realestate for setting up an easy place for dropping off the gifts.I will make 1 more trip after the upcoming weekend to close this out. Great spirit. Thanks all.

Attachments:

I left mine with Susan on Sunday afternoon. Thanks for doing this Bob. I'm sure this is a great help for the less fortunate in the area.

vortex said:

Today’s drop off is in the lunch. Thanks to all who donated and thank you to Susan and Mountain Realestate for setting up an easy place for dropping off the gifts.I will make 1 more trip after the upcoming weekend to close this out. Great spirit. Thanks all.

Okay,I am doing one more pick up Monday and deliver the toys on Tuesday.  Thanks for all who have been involved.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service