I heard that there may be some changes to the uphill policy coming. Seems like some folks have complained to managment that the early AM skinners (I would be one) are tracking out the mountain before the early morning lift crew.

How does this crowd feel about this subject?

Views: 2508

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you want to earn it, you should get it.  That said, thanks to the Tempest Tubers earlier this season, there was president set to keep folks off the terrain outside of operating hours.  I could see the resort lodging implementing a change based under that premise.  Though I would not be a fan.

This thread will be fun.  And Mach skinning at 7 am is a bit safer than tubing in middle of night. Rough comparison.  

Rippy, please explain why you think the folks who skin are wankers?

I heard from two different sources (one is directly involved) that it is specifically related to "tracking out" the mountain.
If there was a real safety arguement I would be willing to hear and understand.

Last week everyone argued about V+, you shouldn't be able to pay to cut the line, but if you have $500+ worth of AT gear, you can skin up before anyone else?  IMO uphill access should be consistent with lift operating hours and a lift ticket/season pass purchase.
 
MachSki said:

If you want to earn it, you should get it.  That said, thanks to the Tempest Tubers earlier this season, there was president set to keep folks off the terrain outside of operating hours.  I could see the resort lodging implementing a change based under that premise.  Though I would not be a fan.

Agreed.  The patrollers are lit I. Force making tracks and preparing the mountain for the day. The handful of skinners do not “ruin the corduroy”. Funniest nonsense I have ever heard.  Good thing we will be well represented on the committee 

Wheelie said:

I heard from two different sources (one is directly involved) that it is specifically related to "tracking out" the mountain.
If there was a real safety arguement I would be willing to hear and understand.

If that “tracking out” complaint is true then it is one of the lamest complaints I have ever heard of. Somebody get those wankers some cheese to go with their whine. Good lord what is this world coming to. 

Wheelie said:

I heard from two different sources (one is directly involved) that it is specifically related to "tracking out" the mountain.
If there was a real safety arguement I would be willing to hear and understand.

Technically speaking...that’s the policy that ski patrol goes by (kind of depends on who you speak to on the side of Mtn). 

Promontory Rider said:

Last week everyone argued about V+, you shouldn't be able to pay to cut the line, but if you have $500+ worth of AT gear, you can skin up before anyone else.  IMO uphill access should be consistent with lift hours with a lift ticket or season pass purchase.
 
MachSki said:

If you want to earn it, you should get it.  That said, thanks to the Tempest Tubers earlier this season, there was president set to keep folks off the terrain outside of operating hours.  I could see the resort lodging implementing a change based under that premise.  Though I would not be a fan.

As Wheelie has been known to say, apples and dump trucks comparison. I have hand-me-down AT equipment that I paid nothing for. I don’t have a pass. I don’t have a condo. But I’m labeled as some kind of elitist if i decide to buy a paper ticket and start hiking my ass up the hill early. Okay then. Talk about first world problems. 

Promontory Rider said:

Last week everyone argued about V+, you shouldn't be able to pay to cut the line, but if you have $500+ worth of AT gear, you can skin up before anyone else.  IMO uphill access should be consistent with lift hours with a lift ticket or season pass purchase.
 
MachSki said:

If you want to earn it, you should get it.  That said, thanks to the Tempest Tubers earlier this season, there was president set to keep folks off the terrain outside of operating hours.  I could see the resort lodging implementing a change based under that premise.  Though I would not be a fan.

If SR can name one safety concern with people skinning before lifts begin to load, I’d like to hear what it is. 

Simply put: Most people who I know that skin in bounds are after a good workout...seems pretty reasonable to me.

First Chair no longer means first tracks, that’s just the way it is. SR shouldn’t change their uphill policy to cater to whoever is complaining about any uphill traffic accessing a trail before the first chair gets to it...

I don’t want to be dismissive though; I’m hoping someone in favor of changing the uphill policy can chime in with their side here. 

Tracking out all 8 hills would be tough.

SR has like 1 or 2 powder weekends a year.  Now, since you can't cut lines anymore, I assume the number of climbers has swelled, but really. You should be able to climb the hill with your pass.  What a bunch of fat slobs complaining about skinning.

Maybe you should ask Jeff R & Dana B to release their emails from the fatso's or Massholes complaining about skinning.  Better yet, you A-holes, come on this forum and complain about the skinners.  KC/iParty/NicklePlated/Top30 will take those SOB's down.

Disagree with Mr. Ripsaw on this one.

Wheelie said:

I heard from two different sources (one is directly involved) that it is specifically related to "tracking out" the mountain.
If there was a real safety arguement I would be willing to hear and understand.

Thanks It’s not the powder, it’s the cord...makes it even worse.   And not that I am counting  but we have had at least 10 powder days this year. 

WatervilleMESkier said:

Tracking out all 8 hills would be tough.

SR has like 1 or 2 powder weekends a year.  Now, since you can't cut lines anymore, I assume the number of climbers has swelled, but really. You should be able to climb the hill with your pass.  What a bunch of fat slobs complaining about skinning.

Maybe you should ask Jeff R & Dana B to release their emails from the fatso's or Massholes complaining about skinning.  Better yet, you A-holes, come on this forum and complain about the skinners.  KC/iParty/NicklePlated/Top30 will take those SOB's down.

Disagree with Mr. Ripsaw on this one.

Wheelie said:

I heard from two different sources (one is directly involved) that it is specifically related to "tracking out" the mountain.
If there was a real safety arguement I would be willing to hear and understand.

Lucky run.

MonkeyBrook said:

It’s not the powder, it’s the cord...makes it even worse.   And not that I am clu ting but we have had at least 10 powder days this year. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service