Sounds like a cool thing, should add minimally to traffic up there and is for the most part, unique in the East.  $20-$30/ride might be a bit steep but I'll probably try to hit it a few times just to experience it.  Thoughts?

Views: 763

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For $30, put the skins on and hike. Not a long skin

Powder Mt Utah was $7 about 7 years ago. this seems steep. $150 for 5 runs  Steady

Powder is much more than that now.



Mike Dann said:

Powder Mt Utah was $7 about 7 years ago. this seems steep. $150 for 5 runs  Steady

Well, sort of.  The cat will only go up the far side of Burnt and not to the peak, but to the terrain furthest from the King Pine top entrance.  To lap this terrain with lifts to skin/hike, it is a long slog.  Anything Burnt summit into the Bracket Basin I agree and the cat won't really even service that terrain.

MonkeyBrook said:

For $30, put the skins on and hike. Not a long skin

Do people still need to have a loaf ticket/pass or is this a completely separate thing?

Nope, they still need a valid ticket or pass.  This is an add on.

Mike Dann said:

Do people still need to have a loaf ticket/pass or is this a completely separate thing?

Certainly a lot better than a chairlift.

Yes it is closer to $20/ride (or sit up front with the cat driver and "contemplate life").  ;)

MonkeyBrook said:

Powder is much more than that now.



Mike Dann said:

Powder Mt Utah was $7 about 7 years ago. this seems steep. $150 for 5 runs  Steady

I hope I continue to not find out.....

 I have a hard time believing there is 1500 vert or skiable vert anyway on that peak. 

Depends on where you're measuring to. The summit of Burnt to the Snubber chairlift is just under 1,600 ft.

My guess is this experience is targeted to people that almost never ski the Loaf, that hear there's a storm coming and want a novel powder day experience. On a powder day, the regulars will opt for running laps off a chairlift and skin over to Burnt a couple of day later where they'll be plenty of leftovers. I guess you could lap that area on the cat, but it would be pretty expensive. Kudos to them for offering something different. Some people will think it's really cool.

Mike Dann said:

 I have a hard time believing there is 1500 vert or skiable vert anyway on that peak. 

Sugarbush has Cat skiing in Slidebrook, Sunday River should get some cat skiing to our above tree line skiing on White Cap. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service