Alright SteveNob, your  BC Eagles  advance over Wheeler's Terriers in OT

My Huskies pound Harvard.  I think the last time NU made finals or won was while I was

hanging in beantown around '83-'85. (Great run) BUT,...WE ARE DUE!

SO.............. Who ya Got??!!

Views: 2923

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good for BU.  Got hot at the right time.  Some major upsets.  First time in my looong memory that Princeton ever won anything in hockey.  They were always an easy win back in my day.  Friars should qualify for the NCAAs, shouldn't they?  Felt bad for my old buddy Ed Cooley, but they had a great run in the Big East tournament.

Oh yeah PC is a top 10 team.  100% in.  Cooley had a good year, program is on the rise for sure 

Old Timer said:

Good for BU.  Got hot at the right time.  Some major upsets.  First time in my looong memory that Princeton ever won anything in hockey.  They were always an easy win back in my day.  Friars should qualify for the NCAAs, shouldn't they?  Felt bad for my old buddy Ed Cooley, but they had a great run in the Big East tournament.

Pretty much just families of players and alums. :)

MonkeyBrook said:

Nice win Wheelie.  Onto NCAA.  And congrats Zenny, but who really follows D3 sports?  Just kidding.

Wheelie said:

Surprise (to me) HE champion this AM

Congrats to BU. They def outplayed the Friars in the 2nd & 3rd periods.

Yup PC and Northeastern are in, along w/ BU .

PC plays Clarkson @ Bridgeport CT, Friday 6:30pm

In Worcester on Sat you have BU vs Cornell @ 1pm and and Northeastern vs Michigan @ 4:30pm

Here's the bracket - https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/2018-ncaa-hockey-tournament-bracke...

Go Frairs !

Image result for friars logo

PC only college who sent both hoop and hockey teams to NCAA tourney last 5 years and only 3rd school to ever do so.  Michigan and Michigan State were the others 

Have any won it all in one or the other in the years they sent both? Just curious. 

MonkeyBrook said:

PC only college who sent both hoop and hockey teams to NCAA tourney last 5 years and only 3rd school to ever do so.  Michigan and Michigan State were the others 

Yes - PC Hockey was National Champs in 2015.  Beat BU at TD Garden

Zen Master said:

Have any won it all in one or the other in the years they sent both? Just curious. 

MonkeyBrook said:

Yep, 2015.  PC has never won a hoop championship, some day.

Patroller said:

Yes - PC Hockey was National Champs in 2015.  Beat BU at TD Garden

Zen Master said:

MonkeyBrook said:

Friars advance 1-0 over Clarkson

Last years 3-0 loss to Harvard @ The Dunk in the East Regionals was painful.

Even thou Clarkson beat us twice this year, PC has been playing damn good hockey since Jan.

Will need to take it up a notch tonite. ND is an impressive team for sure

Go Friars !!!

!Image result for pc friars logo

onto tomorrow

PC gave it their best shot... Tough loss w/ ND's game winner coming w/ just 27 seconds left.  All in all a good season for the Friars.  This team was Soph/Jr heavy, and will only loose 5 seniors, and hopefully only 1 or 2 of the 8 NHL draftees. They're be a solid contender for next year.

ND is most certainly the top ranked team in the Frozen Four.  Gotta pull for the underdog, Air Force, and prob BU, but that's kinda hard for a Friar fan.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service