Well, all this spring weather (and those damn ticks!!) and riding the pine for a few more weeks has got me thinking about riding season.  For anyone not yet signed up for this year's Dempsey Challenge (September 29-30), the early bird registration window closes tonight (nice discount, especially for both days).  If you would like to join in on this great fundraising event with out team, the link is here: 

http://support.dempseychallenge.org/site/TR/Events/General/47566398....  

Enjoy the balance of your turns, I'll be back out soon as well!

Views: 248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Mach!

Looking forward to it ... number #10 if I'm correct.  Has always been a great time.  Box 'O chocolates - never sure exactly what the weather will be like.  Part of the charm.  If you've ridden before, gotta do #10.

Also riding Long Trail Century in June this year instead of B2B.  Wanted to switch things up and LTC benefits Vermont Adaptive, so another good cause.  They're shooting for $300k this year.

Shouldn't be talkin' about road biking in February, but is what it is...

Wifey wants to ride DC this year...

She's a marathoner, so she figures the 100 should be "a piece of cake"...

Hmmmm, may have to go back to workin the Harrison First Aid station

Mach, you taking over?  Yes, this is #10.  Patroller, feel free to have wifey to join up for our team....and we have missed you down in Harrison.  MB

Can’t wait to ride. 

No, but realized today was deadline for early bird and I could commit early for a change.  Thought it'd be a good reason to push it up on the board.

MonkeyBrook said:

Mach, you taking over?  Yes, this is #10.  Patroller, feel free to have wifey to join up for our team....and we have missed you down in Harrison.  MB

new team leader MAchski. participation will sky rocket under new leadership. :)

Really, second thread you have to be an asshat.  When you can make the century, let me know.

NickelPlated said:

Really? I used the obligatory sarcasm smiley face!?!? And your feelings still got hurt?!

Since you mentioned the century, keep in mind: I’ve participated in this event each year since it began, riding the century each year until 3 years ago. So, when you get a clue, let us know. It’s a fundraising event not a dink measuring contest.

MB is the team lead for this, go away and let him do his thing.

MachSki said:

Really, second thread you have to be an asshat.  When you can make the century, let me know.

NickelPlated said:

Hilarious post...you brag about your Dempsey “accomplishments” then chastise Mach in the most douchy way possible for engaging in a “dink measuring content”.  I mean, that’s just priceless. If you had a clue, you’d know that Mach was just trying to be helpful, MB was messing with him, and we have a great team of Dempsey riders from this board and beyond (several of whom ridden in every DC) and as a team we have a great time training for and riding in the event and even more importantly have raised what I’m pretty sure is north of six figures over the years.  I have no clue who you are but we always welcome new team riders/runners so why don’t you join us and experience the comraderie first hand rather than busting the balls of a comitted rider and fundraiser for no apparent reason. 

NickelPlated said:

Really? I used the obligatory sarcasm smiley face!?!? And your feelings still got hurt?!

Since you mentioned the century, keep in mind: I’ve participated in this event each year since it began, riding the century each year until 3 years ago. So, when you get a clue, let us know. It’s a fundraising event not a dink measuring contest.

MachSki said:

NickelPlated said:

Ok folks, let’s play nice.  This is the one thread that should (relatively) free of our typical nonsense.  Mach was being helpful, Nickel plated is OG DC rider.  Now let’s sign up and make #10 our best year yet.  Happy riding.

Mach asked me to let him know when I make the century, I told him that I’ve ridden the century a few times. Zenny, I didn’t turn this into a contest or brag about ANYTHING. Just Pointing out facts.

i was busting on Mach, he busted me back. All in good fun I thought. Sorry, didn’t mean to detract from a great cause. Carry On!

Zen Master said:

Hilarious post...you brag about your Dempsey “accomplishments” then chastise Mach in the most douchy way possible for engaging in a “dink measuring content”.  I mean, that’s just priceless. If you had a clue, you’d know that Mach was just trying to be helpful, MB was messing with him, and we have a great team of Dempsey riders from this board and beyond (several of whom ridden in every DC) and as a team we have a great time training for and riding in the event and even more importantly have raised what I’m pretty sure is north of six figures over the years.  I have no clue who you are but we always welcome new team riders/runners so why don’t you join us and experience the comraderie first hand rather than busting the balls of a comitted rider and fundraiser for no apparent reason. 

NickelPlated said:

MachSki said:

NickelPlated said:

Sorry, read it wrong and thought you were calling him out which didn’t sit well. Just took a chill pill so hopefully won’t happen again. Carry on. 

NickelPlated said:

Mach asked me to let him know when I make the century, I told him that I’ve ridden the century a few times. Zenny, I didn’t turn this into a contest or brag about ANYTHING. Just Pointing out facts.

i was busting on Mach, he busted me back. All in good fun I thought. Sorry, didn’t mean to detract from a great cause. Carry On!

Zen Master said:

NickelPlated said:

MachSki said:

NickelPlated said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service