We are going to change up the payment process this year.

We have had some discussions recently and come to find out that if everyone sends their checks to me and I forwarding them to MASR the participant can not get a tax receipt. 

We will be requesting that everyone donate through MASR's donation page:

https://www.maineadaptive.org/support/donate/

Pluses

Everyone can get their own tax receipt

It will make my life a little easier

This will allow folks to use a credit card for payment

MASR will get the money that much quicker

Minus

It is the honor system. We know and trust most everyone who plays so we really do not see this as a minus. if any one cheats they will have Karma to pay.

Thanks for cooperating and you should have a PM for the payment due and a link to the donations site today. 

MonkeyBrook and Wheelie

I will be sending out payment reminders to all today

PS: We would like to keep track of the totals donated and I know that in the past some have generously (and anonymously)  increased their donations beyond what is requested. If you are so inclined, Please send me a PM with the total amount paid.

Views: 334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent idea! Thanks for supporting a great cause MB & Wheelie!!!

I knew the accountants would appreciate it!

iParty said:

Excellent idea! Thanks for supporting a great cause MB & Wheelie!!!

Also - attach nothing to the donation that mentions football pool, survivor pool, etc.   Just make it a donation to MASR.

This is really an IRS issue relating to "gaming" that opens the door for scrutiny of MASR's tax exempt status.  Issuing receipts for donations associated with raffles, "games-of-chance", etc. creates a record that makes tax time more complicated (best case) and could result in an audit (worst case).  Especially tricky if there is a "payout" associated with the gaming.  Rules if you care to read.

We're all playing for bragging rights and to encourage support for MASR, so donating directly to the cause keeps things simple.

yup

Bragging rights only!

sitzmark said:

Also - attach nothing to the donation that mentions football pool, survivor pool, etc.   Just make it a donation to MASR.

This is really an IRS issue relating to "gaming" that opens the door for scrutiny of MASR's tax exempt status.  Issuing receipts for donations associated with raffles, "games-of-chance", etc. creates a record that makes tax time more complicated (best case) and could result in an audit (worst case).  Especially tricky if there is a "payout" associated with the gaming.  Rules if you care to read.

We're all playing for bragging rights and to encourage support for MASR, so donating directly to the cause keeps things simple.

nice work Wheelie, good direction Sitz.  Another successful "event".

Done.

Sitz - Thanks for the email from MASR.

Bragging rights? Bragging rights that I sucked this year!

Done.  Like the new method.

Done

Done.

And... as MASR Treasurer, this also simplifies things internally vs handling all the checks and for those that pay in rolled pennies, makes that part easier as well  :-)

Thank you! (from the person often stuck with counting those rolls of pennies)   :)  And thank you for doing this each year.  It is super appreciated!

Bump

As of now:
The original commitments = $2020

I have been notified of $1050 in additional donations

As of today this years pool raised $3070 to help put people on the slopes that other wise would not have been able to access this great sport. 

The early years total donations from this pool have been lost to time and a virus but this community has raised well over $40K in the first 10 years.

#proud

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service