Ok, I may be starting to chomp the bit just slightly.  Good place to post some shots from around the hill today.

Middle Punch guns are pulled out and ready.

Locke mid station is ready and waiting.

Speaking of Locke, IIRC the chairs were gray last year.  They are now black and sporting new backrest slats stained natural.  Looks very classic and nice.

The guns in immediate Barker Basin are sporting fully automated HKD Klick hydrants.  Only saw 4 or 5, but interesting.  I believe they can turn these on wirelessly.

Barker lot is a bit crowded with the new chairs for Spruce.  If you are a fan of footrests don't fear, the new chairs will be sporting them.

Views: 15082

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am very optimistic! Although I can't come up mid-week this week, so I am just hoping there is some snow to repair the damage from this rain for next weekend.  I have a feeling Saturday afternoon and Sunday (this weekend) are going to be absolute ice skating rinks.

MachSki said:

Wow, that's a bit early.  Still low confidence on that, with the artic push coming in, could shove that right out to sea.  Of course we could go further out, but for now lets just say I really, really hope the midweek storm materializes.  We will need it.

cnr1089 said:

On the plus side, it appears like they should be getting another 12-18" or more mid-week this week.

Bring the edges....

cnr1089 said:

I am very optimistic! Although I can't come up mid-week this week, so I am just hoping there is some snow to repair the damage from this rain for next weekend.  I have a feeling Saturday afternoon and Sunday (this weekend) are going to be absolute ice skating rinks.

MachSki said:

Wow, that's a bit early.  Still low confidence on that, with the artic push coming in, could shove that right out to sea.  Of course we could go further out, but for now lets just say I really, really hope the midweek storm materializes.  We will need it.

cnr1089 said:

On the plus side, it appears like they should be getting another 12-18" or more mid-week this week.

A weird snow surface today drove me in after four runs.  With virtually no overnight grooming, the surface has a bit of a moonscape look and feel to it. Had a quad tendon injury early summer.  Couple that with more back problems, going from crusty snow into soft wet snow and back, both body parts told me to quit so there would not be adverse consequences.   I would imagine is now fully frozen as its dropped like a stone the last hour.  Now 25 degrees.  I will try again tomorrow after a good overnight groom.

How's everything looking now that they've had a few days to recover?  

Based on the tone of the forum its crumbling, all of it lol the infrastructure is in shambles!

Bandy1080 said:

now looking like a coastal storm with 1-3" inland, but anything will help!

MachSki said:

cnr1089 said:

My only gripes are with Ma Nature.  Who cares about snowmaking if she pulls through?  January is always tough so I've learned to set low expectations.  C'mon February. I believe the Epic 2015 year we were all griping at this point also. 

MAC said:

Based on the tone of the forum its crumbling, all of it lol the infrastructure is in shambles!

Bandy1080 said:

The Sunday conditions were not bad considering what Mother Nature threw at the mountain.  I skied mostly in Jordan and Aurora.  I do know they cited power problems for the White Cap and Barker chairs being down Sunday.  Was VERY surprised that with the crowds at both South Ridge and North Peak that Jordan and Aurora were empty.  I skied up and hopped on at every run.  Kept expecting the crowds to show up, but none did.

Yes, Sunday was good in the morning, actually better then expected considering how Saturday was (which is what I expected after the rain).  The number of lifts down this weekend was disappointing, considering it is a big weekend for them. I did ski Sunday night and it was better then both Saturday and Sunday during the day (due to recent grooming and less crowds). Monday (today) was really good early on until it got skied off, but it was an absolute blast skiing Risky Business today with the snow making (and giant whales).  All in all, the weekend was better then expected considering the devastating rain.  But continued lift issues was tough.  Glad to see snowmaking back online, however.

On a side note a younger one from my friends went off the edge of Bear Paw this weekend. They were lucky they did not get hurt, but once the snow gets skied off of it, I think Cascade/Wildfire is a safer way down even though they are steeper.

Risky was fun.  White heat was skiing great for non-powder day.

I skied bear paw around 11 this morning. Fun but almost lost it cranking down the trail.  That second turn to the right needs permanent bee net. 

cnr1089 said:

On a side note a younger one from my friends went off the edge of Bear Paw this weekend. They were lucky they did not get hurt, but once the snow gets skied off of it, I think Cascade/Wildfire is a safer way down even though they are steeper.

French Fries, no pizza ga2ski

meow

SundanceKid said:

Risky was fun.  White heat was skiing great for non-powder day.

I skied bear paw around 11 this morning. Fun but almost lost it cranking down the trail.  That second turn to the right needs permanent bee net. 

cnr1089 said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service