Ok, I may be starting to chomp the bit just slightly.  Good place to post some shots from around the hill today.

Middle Punch guns are pulled out and ready.

Locke mid station is ready and waiting.

Speaking of Locke, IIRC the chairs were gray last year.  They are now black and sporting new backrest slats stained natural.  Looks very classic and nice.

The guns in immediate Barker Basin are sporting fully automated HKD Klick hydrants.  Only saw 4 or 5, but interesting.  I believe they can turn these on wirelessly.

Barker lot is a bit crowded with the new chairs for Spruce.  If you are a fan of footrests don't fear, the new chairs will be sporting them.

Views: 40018

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I heard there was no alcohol or drugs involved....

MissWynter said:

My daughter goes to Gould, she just text me this...her reports of the outcome are a bit worse than what was reported.  I hope the info that I just picked up is not true.  Prayers to all.

I started a new thread on this (didn't see it discussed here).  Looks pretty bad if it is true.

http://mainepublic.org/post/sheriff-teen-dies-sledding-accident-sun...

MonkeyBrook said:

My daughter goes to Gould, she just text me this...her reports of the outcome are a bit worse than what was reported.  I hope the info that I just picked up is not true.  Prayers to all.

Man, that's terrible.

Very different than initial reports.

Prayers to the family....

This one has more details (although as always, news can be untrustworthy as it is developing)

http://www.wmtw.com/article/3-injured-in-sledding-accident-at-sunda...

Specifically:

"The sled went off the trail and crashed, the spokeswoman said."

and

"Sunday River said the three people in the accident own a condominium at the resort."

 Yikes so The river only got 1 inch on a storm calling for 6 plus. { 1st lady can relate, haha} Is there any snow on top of ice in glades from the rain/ice debacle last week ?

I didn't see that much snow in the glades last weekend and anything there is rock solid.
 
Mike Dann said:

 Yikes so The river only got 1 inch on a storm calling for 6 plus. { 1st lady can relate, haha} Is there any snow on top of ice in glades from the rain/ice debacle last week ?

6+ was a dream our distance North.  Some of the early models suggested the southern jet L would merge with the northern stream one.  Had that happened, New England would have be walloped.  But that was 6 days out.  All the closer forecasts I heard backed off and none I saw within 48 hours called for more than 2-5.  Obviously we still were south of the low end, but this was a weak storm since the energy never caught up to the weaker low.

Mike Dann said:

 Yikes so The river only got 1 inch on a storm calling for 6 plus. { 1st lady can relate, haha} Is there any snow on top of ice in glades from the rain/ice debacle last week ?

So basically this weekend we are limited to trails that have had snowmaking at this point, hope we get something out of the Monday -Wed systems coming our way.

MachSki said:

6+ was a dream our distance North.  Some of the early models suggested the southern jet L would merge with the northern stream one.  Had that happened, New England would have be walloped.  But that was 6 days out.  All the closer forecasts I heard backed off and none I saw within 48 hours called for more than 2-5.  Obviously we still were south of the low end, but this was a weak storm since the energy never caught up to the weaker low.

Mike Dann said:

 Yikes so The river only got 1 inch on a storm calling for 6 plus. { 1st lady can relate, haha} Is there any snow on top of ice in glades from the rain/ice debacle last week ?

Hence my skiing for a total of 2 hrs last weekend.  Hoping for some hot edge of trail action this weekend.  Keep you up to date with the best stashes lol. 

Mike Dann said:

So basically this weekend we are limited to trails that have had snowmaking at this point, hope we get something out of the Monday -Wed systems coming our way.

MachSki said:

6+ was a dream our distance North.  Some of the early models suggested the southern jet L would merge with the northern stream one.  Had that happened, New England would have be walloped.  But that was 6 days out.  All the closer forecasts I heard backed off and none I saw within 48 hours called for more than 2-5.  Obviously we still were south of the low end, but this was a weak storm since the energy never caught up to the weaker low.

Mike Dann said:

 Yikes so The river only got 1 inch on a storm calling for 6 plus. { 1st lady can relate, haha} Is there any snow on top of ice in glades from the rain/ice debacle last week ?

Yeah I opted for live music, charity work and watching football last weekend knew it was going to be a shitshow.

MissWynter said:

Hence my skiing for a total of 2 hrs last weekend.  Hoping for some hot edge of trail action this weekend.  Keep you up to date with the best stashes lol. 

Mike Dann said:

So basically this weekend we are limited to trails that have had snowmaking at this point, hope we get something out of the Monday -Wed systems coming our way.

MachSki said:

6+ was a dream our distance North.  Some of the early models suggested the southern jet L would merge with the northern stream one.  Had that happened, New England would have be walloped.  But that was 6 days out.  All the closer forecasts I heard backed off and none I saw within 48 hours called for more than 2-5.  Obviously we still were south of the low end, but this was a weak storm since the energy never caught up to the weaker low.

Mike Dann said:

 Yikes so The river only got 1 inch on a storm calling for 6 plus. { 1st lady can relate, haha} Is there any snow on top of ice in glades from the rain/ice debacle last week ?

Can anyone confirm that they actually made snow on Agony a few days ago? It was in the report, but I find it strange they only did it for one day (actually, I was surprised they did Agony at all).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service