Ok, I may be starting to chomp the bit just slightly.  Good place to post some shots from around the hill today.

Middle Punch guns are pulled out and ready.

Locke mid station is ready and waiting.

Speaking of Locke, IIRC the chairs were gray last year.  They are now black and sporting new backrest slats stained natural.  Looks very classic and nice.

The guns in immediate Barker Basin are sporting fully automated HKD Klick hydrants.  Only saw 4 or 5, but interesting.  I believe they can turn these on wirelessly.

Barker lot is a bit crowded with the new chairs for Spruce.  If you are a fan of footrests don't fear, the new chairs will be sporting them.

Views: 39880

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

do you still ski w/ a Canadian flag on your ski-pole? 

SailingSkier said:

Always great to see pictures of the place .... thanks Machski.

I'm chomping at the bit as well.  I have a  new pair of Heads anxious to see some snow.  They will have to wait (and I will too) until January most likely.

Mike

LOL ... no flag on the ski pole  ... maybe a ribbon of Nova Scotia Tartan from the helmet strap however.

Friday the guns fired up on Barker in am on MM, Cascade an Lazy River. By afternoon temps dropped fast and Southridge lit up and appears making great progress. Winds have calmed down and guns should stay on till temps rise this afternoon.

Temps climbing fast and guns are coming off just as quickly.  Skier's right on RS skiing very nicely.  With more NCP in forecasts, they will likely need to resurface in addition to expanding, especially Punch and lower punch for the holiday weekend.

phanga said:

Friday the guns fired up on Barker in am on MM, Cascade an Lazy River. By afternoon temps dropped fast and Southridge lit up and appears making great progress. Winds have calmed down and guns should stay on till temps rise this afternoon.

1125am update: Cascade is open!

This sucks.

??????????

Not up to ski yet so fill me in please.

MonkeyBrook said:

This sucks.
The weather.

Ah, OK.  Wish I could control the weather as I could make BILLIONS!

MonkeyBrook said:

The weather.

Looks like it may finally stay winter for a bit at the tail end of next weekend.  Something remotely possible for Turkey day but probably only minor.  Another warm day to go on Tuesday.

I hit the hill around 12:30. Rain was over - conditions were like buttah - so glad I got out - better conditions than Saturday. Snowing at top and wind whipping when I left - gust tipped me over on cascades lol.

I was more bummed about the bike trails.

DickC said:

Ah, OK.  Wish I could control the weather as I could make BILLIONS!

MonkeyBrook said:

The weather.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service