Ok, I may be starting to chomp the bit just slightly.  Good place to post some shots from around the hill today.

Middle Punch guns are pulled out and ready.

Locke mid station is ready and waiting.

Speaking of Locke, IIRC the chairs were gray last year.  They are now black and sporting new backrest slats stained natural.  Looks very classic and nice.

The guns in immediate Barker Basin are sporting fully automated HKD Klick hydrants.  Only saw 4 or 5, but interesting.  I believe they can turn these on wirelessly.

Barker lot is a bit crowded with the new chairs for Spruce.  If you are a fan of footrests don't fear, the new chairs will be sporting them.

Views: 17299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mach - thanks for the update.

Thanx for the photo updates Mach! I dont see the reclining chairs that were unveiled last year? Pull the safety bar down, chairs recline and footrest comes out. Guaranteed to give anyone an extra couple of runs.

Thanks Mach.

That's the color scheme of our SR chair :) Nice choice - and looks like we now have padded seats for that sloooooow ride - in place of reclining and heated seats - Mainers don't need no frills Phanga.

Nice to chat Machski. My boots had been ordered.

Good call on the footrests.  When you get old like us, you really appreciate them.  Too bad we can't get them on the Aurora and Tempest lifts.  Those long, slow rides kill the knees.  You youngsters out there will someday see what I mean.

Halloween turns don't look promising this year. Does anybody know of any progress on N. peak Lodge/Mtn Room?


HUH???
MissWynter said:

Thanks Mach.

That's the color scheme of our SR chair :) Nice choice - and looks like we now have padded seats for that sloooooow ride - in place of reclining and heated seats - Mainers????? don't need no frills Phanga.

Sweet, Greg got me sort of set up.  Boots are in hand, but he's still waiting for all the spacer pads to custom them out so I'll be on the Redsters a bit longer.  Halloween turns don't look promising here or K town this year.  Ugh, however, with the first 2/3 of November off, sets me up good to make chair 1!!

vortex said:

Nice to chat Machski. My boots had been ordered.

No update on their FB page since June.

BTW - some other Portland restauranteurs Jason Loring & Mike Fraser are setting up shop at SL in the old Gepettos. Now called Hunker Down (with mug club) and Wax On Wax Off sushi/burrito bar

http://wskitv.com/2017/10/08/hunkering-down-in-wski-with-the-hunker...


Semi-Pro said:

Halloween turns don't look promising this year. Does anybody know of any progress on N. peak Lodge/Mtn Room?

Jason Loring does amazing job, I will bet Hunker Down will be no different. 

Glade Monkey said:

No update on their FB page since June.

BTW - some other Portland restauranteurs Jason Loring & Mike Fraser are setting up shop at SL in the old Gepettos. Now called Hunker Down (with mug club) and Wax On Wax Off sushi/burrito bar

http://wskitv.com/2017/10/08/hunkering-down-in-wski-with-the-hunker...


Semi-Pro said:

Halloween turns don't look promising this year. Does anybody know of any progress on N. peak Lodge/Mtn Room?

Stoked about new boots. It is a long painful process, but glad it has started.   We will ski in good time.  Can't stress over it. 
 
MachSki said:

Sweet, Greg got me sort of set up.  Boots are in hand, but he's still waiting for all the spacer pads to custom them out so I'll be on the Redsters a bit longer.  Halloween turns don't look promising here or K town this year.  Ugh, however, with the first 2/3 of November off, sets me up good to make chair 1!!

vortex said:

Nice to chat Machski. My boots had been ordered.

Always great to see pictures of the place .... thanks Machski.

I'm chomping at the bit as well.  I have a  new pair of Heads anxious to see some snow.  They will have to wait (and I will too) until January most likely.

Mike

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service