Figured we need a hockey thread with the season about to start.  Don't have real high expectations for the Bruins, but maybe they'll surprise me.

Starting with a throwback to 20 years ago today, which was the closing date of the original Boston Garden. On September 28, 1995, the Boston Garden closed for good after one final exhibition game between the Bruins and the Canadiens.

Many, many great memories there for me...Bruins games, Dead shows (among many others), Celtics on occasion, Ringling Bros circus as a kid, and the list goes on.

http://www.boston.com/entertainment/2015/09/28/the-boston-garden-cl...

Here's one of the pics from the article...I remember in late 1995 driving out of Boston and heading for the loaf, the Garden was half torn down, exposing the inside.  I stopped and bought a single use camera and took a ton of pics...of course I have no idea where they are now but they looked a lot like this...

And of course one gratuitous Bruins pic...

Views: 2348

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Send a link, so I can make my VAS donation.  Congrats Rangers.

Thanks for the congrats. I was soo hoping for a 7 game series between the B's and Sens, just to tire out the Rangers next opponent. Oh well.

Make your check out to Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports for $100 and send it to me at the address I'm going to PM you.

Even though I won the bet, I will do the same and send you a check for $100 to Maine Adaptive and you could give that check to them.

Reply to my PM with your address and I'll send you a $100 check that you could give to MASS.

PM on the way.

Donation sent,..thanks for the reciprical contribution. You're OK JoonieB

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service