Figured we need a hockey thread with the season about to start.  Don't have real high expectations for the Bruins, but maybe they'll surprise me.

Starting with a throwback to 20 years ago today, which was the closing date of the original Boston Garden. On September 28, 1995, the Boston Garden closed for good after one final exhibition game between the Bruins and the Canadiens.


Many, many great memories there for me...Bruins games, Dead shows (among many others), Celtics on occasion, Ringling Bros circus as a kid, and the list goes on.


http://www.boston.com/entertainment/2015/09/28/the-boston-garden-cl...


Here's one of the pics from the article...I remember in late 1995 driving out of Boston and heading for the loaf, the Garden was half torn down, exposing the inside.  I stopped and bought a single use camera and took a ton of pics...of course I have no idea where they are now but they looked a lot like this...

And of course one gratuitous Bruins pic...

Views: 3401

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That wasn't my rant it was Wheelers.  But I do agree that it was a better game without all the current changes.  You can pick at me all you like.  I would venture to say that I have spent way more hours on the ice then you or most on here for that matter.  I understand the game very well and don't need confirmation from you, a contrarian.
 
Ripsaw said:

So, after all your ranting about Old Thyme Hockey, you don't even really y remember the six team league ? You're a riot, buddy !!!

Hawk said:

Honestly Cartman, I had no idea of that rule change in the NHL.  Definitely before my time.  I started skating about that time but was 3 years old.  You certainly can't say that gave them the right to think they had a better understanding.  I guess you could say it made them cheaters though. 
 
CartMan! said:


Until 1969, the rules were not quite the same. Montreal had an unfair advantage when it came to drafting players. Rule changed and voila....the Bruins had a couple championships around that same time.

It is still fun to watch games in Montreal,  especially on Saturday nights. Still hate 'em though
Hawk said:

 

No one has the right to be snobby.  We all play the same sport and the rules are the same.  They have no special understanding or privilege pertaining to the game.   That is my educated opinion on this matter.

Rippy,

Since this "older time Hockey" thing started with a discussion of the new 3 on 3 rule and your and old bastard how do you feel about it?

Just stop.  Enough.
 
Ripsaw said:

Hawk......you're awesome on every respect. I can't think of anyone that I've met in my lifetime that skis, rides and skates as much or as good as you. You're my personal hero and truly an inspiration to everyone here.

Hawk said:

That wasn't my rant it was Wheelers.  But I do agree that it was a better game without all the current changes.  You can pick at me all you like.  I would venture to say that I have spent way more hours on the ice then you or most on here for that matter.  I understand the game very well and don't need confirmation from you, a contrarian.
 
Ripsaw said:

So, after all your ranting about Old Thyme Hockey, you don't even really y remember the six team league ? You're a riot, buddy !!!

Hawk said:

Honestly Cartman, I had no idea of that rule change in the NHL.  Definitely before my time.  I started skating about that time but was 3 years old.  You certainly can't say that gave them the right to think they had a better understanding.  I guess you could say it made them cheaters though. 
 
CartMan! said:


Until 1969, the rules were not quite the same. Montreal had an unfair advantage when it came to drafting players. Rule changed and voila....the Bruins had a couple championships around that same time.

It is still fun to watch games in Montreal,  especially on Saturday nights. Still hate 'em though
Hawk said:

 

No one has the right to be snobby.  We all play the same sport and the rules are the same.  They have no special understanding or privilege pertaining to the game.   That is my educated opinion on this matter.

If it were only that easy. #bowpeep

Hawk said:

Just stop.  Enough.
 

OK so the only self proclaimed Old Bastard here says live with ties

I would say my initial post that started this mess is correct.

#noeuroweeniehockey


 Ripsaw said:

Live with the ties.

Wheeler said:

Rippy,

Since this "older time Hockey" thing started with a discussion of the new 3 on 3 rule and your and old bastard how do you feel about it?

That is you that is saying that, not I.  In fact you again put words into my mouth that were never said just to pick a fight and stir things up.  All I said is that I know how to play the game better that you and you launch off into this crap.   You are the worst kind of person.  I'll have nothing more to say to you.
 
Ripsaw said:

I'll defer to Hawk.....he's frigging awesome and knows more than anyone in here. He's my hero.

Step one:

Hi, my name is Rippy, and I am a troll.............

Ripsaw said:

Just want to make sure I understand the ground rules here.....it's ok for you (and others) to launch personal attacks at me because we've never met, but it's not ok for me to respond in kind because we've never met ?? Gotcha.....LOL!

If an internet troll is the "worst kind of person" you've ever met, you don't get out much. 

Hawk said:

That is you that is saying that, not I.  In fact you again put words into my mouth that were never said just to pick a fight and stir things up.  All I said is that I know how to play the game better that you and you launch off into this crap.   You are the worst kind of person.  I'll have nothing more to say to you.
 
Ripsaw said:

I'll defer to Hawk.....he's frigging awesome and knows more than anyone in here. He's my hero.



Wheeler said:

Step one:

Hi, my name is Rippy, and I am a troll.............

Ripsaw said:

Just want to make sure I understand the ground rules here.....it's ok for you (and others) to launch personal attacks at me because we've never met, but it's not ok for me to respond in kind because we've never met ?? Gotcha.....LOL!

If an internet troll is the "worst kind of person" you've ever met, you don't get out much. 

Hawk said:

That is you that is saying that, not I.  In fact you again put words into my mouth that were never said just to pick a fight and stir things up.  All I said is that I know how to play the game better that you and you launch off into this crap.   You are the worst kind of person.  I'll have nothing more to say to you.
 
Ripsaw said:

I'll defer to Hawk.....he's frigging awesome and knows more than anyone in here. He's my hero.

Everyone ready for a little Yankee baseball tonight?

No way. This Rippy vs. The World thing is way more exciting.

MonkeyBrook said:

Everyone ready for a little Yankee baseball tonight?

I love it when i get to play peacemaker.  Lets face it, Rippy is not showing his face..we can stop begging him...not going to happen. He will play the role of instigator...I have learned to enjoy it.  Very entertaining.

Exactly my point.

Baseball = Boring

Rippy vs. Zenny/GoBu/MB/KC et al = Pure Gold



MonkeyBrook said:

I love it when i get to play peacemaker.  Lets face it, Rippy is not showing his face..we can stop begging him...not going to happen. He will play the role of instigator...I have learned to enjoy it.  Very entertaining.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service