Figured we need a hockey thread with the season about to start.  Don't have real high expectations for the Bruins, but maybe they'll surprise me.

Starting with a throwback to 20 years ago today, which was the closing date of the original Boston Garden. On September 28, 1995, the Boston Garden closed for good after one final exhibition game between the Bruins and the Canadiens.

Many, many great memories there for me...Bruins games, Dead shows (among many others), Celtics on occasion, Ringling Bros circus as a kid, and the list goes on.

http://www.boston.com/entertainment/2015/09/28/the-boston-garden-cl...

Here's one of the pics from the article...I remember in late 1995 driving out of Boston and heading for the loaf, the Garden was half torn down, exposing the inside.  I stopped and bought a single use camera and took a ton of pics...of course I have no idea where they are now but they looked a lot like this...

And of course one gratuitous Bruins pic...

Views: 3396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Insert - and After goggling to make sure what Cartman said was true.

Ripsaw said:

Good catch Cartman. I guess Hawk's educated opinion isn't that educated. If I recall correctly Montreal had first pick of any Canadian (or Quebec) born players, which at the time would have given them an advantage.

Honestly Cartman, I had no idea of that rule change in the NHL.  Definitely before my time.  I started skating about that time but was 3 years old.  You certainly can't say that gave them the right to think they had a better understanding.  I guess you could say it made them cheaters though. 

CartMan! said:

Until 1969, the rules were not quite the same. Montreal had an unfair advantage when it came to drafting players. Rule changed and voila....the Bruins had a couple championships around that same time.

It is still fun to watch games in Montreal,  especially on Saturday nights. Still hate 'em though
Hawk said:

No one has the right to be snobby.  We all play the same sport and the rules are the same.  They have no special understanding or privilege pertaining to the game.   That is my educated opinion on this matter.

Yeah, The Habs deflate pucks, film the other teams bench, and screw with the visiting team's headsets during play. Good call Hawk. You know as much about hockey as Zenny does about winning honestly. Great post.

Hawk said:

I guess you could say it made them cheaters though. 

CartMan! said:

Until 1969, the rules were not quite the same. Montreal had an unfair advantage when it came to drafting players. Rule changed and voila....the Bruins had a couple championships around that same time.

It is still fun to watch games in Montreal,  especially on Saturday nights. Still hate 'em though
Hawk said:

No one has the right to be snobby.  We all play the same sport and the rules are the same.  They have no special understanding or privilege pertaining to the game.   That is my educated opinion on this matter.

debatable..alpine zone and sugarloaf forum has many groups of buddies playing around in there...s*** AZ organizes vacation trips for its posters.

Ripsaw said:

You guys seem to have your own "meet in person" rules that you arbitrarily apply. Most other forums function fine without it. Zenny....I'm sure you recognize I could make the exact same assessment of you. LOL!!

Zenny needs to back off of Rippy here. Rippy is right, and he is also against cheating. Zenny needs to follow suit.

MonkeyBrook said:

debatable..alpine zone and sugarloaf forum has many groups of buddies playing around in there...s*** AZ organizes vacation trips for its posters.

Ripsaw said:

You guys seem to have your own "meet in person" rules that you arbitrarily apply. Most other forums function fine without it. Zenny....I'm sure you recognize I could make the exact same assessment of you. LOL!!

What are you, his agent or something?  Bow peep is an embarrassment.

Junior said:

Zenny needs to back off of Rippy here. Rippy is right, and he is also against cheating. Zenny needs to follow suit.

MonkeyBrook said:

Ripsaw said:

Yes. I get 10%.

He is not Bow peep. He is Ripsaw. Bow to his greatness you cheating supporter. (That is if you can actually bow while you're on your knees in front of TB12).

Zen Master said:

What are you, his agent or something?  Bow peep is an embarrassment.

Junior said:

MonkeyBrook said:

Ripsaw said:

Leave me out of this. Your beef is with the SR guys, not with the K/P/MRG guy. Don't lump me in with those knuckleheads. Thank you.

Ripsaw said:

So, it's OK for you, Wheeler, MB and Junior to throw bombs back and forth at each other, but because you don't personally know me, I'm a bad guy? Hey, this is all in fun. If you don't like it, I guess it's your problem.

Zen Master said:

Bow peep is a troll.  If he was like you, we all (or at least one of us) would have met him and we'd know that his antics were based on the concept of busting on each other.  What he spews is vitriol which is unnecessary and unwelcome.  We'd all be better off if he'd crawl back into his h*** and stay there...I know that isn't going to happen because he apparently gets off on being an a$$hat and would rather remain an anonymous internet tough guy rather than be part of a community (not sure he even gets the concept). 

Junior said:

I am glad Rippy is here on the SR Forum. He speaks the truth and sees things for what they are. He needs to stay, and he needs to continue to contribute. He calls it like he sees sit, just like me. Without Rippy, this place would be nothing more than a circle jerk of rose colored glass wearing cheating and lying patsy fans.

Rippy = Truth. You knuckleheads could learn a lot from him. Especially you cheatriot fans.

Hawk said:

That was clearly about hockey fan bases.  Why did you have to make the jump over this community?  After all, you get that impression because you don't make the effort to meet these guys so that is what you get.  This would change is you just uncloaked even once.  Just sayin.

All good. No worries. Thanks.

Ripsaw said:

Apologies, JR.
How did I get pulled into this?

Ripsaw said:

So, it's OK for you, Wheeler, MB and Junior to throw bombs back and forth at each other, but because you don't personally know me, I'm a bad guy? Hey, this is all in fun. If you don't like it, I guess it's your problem but I'll leave if you really want me to.

Zen Master said:

Bow peep is a troll.  If he was like you, we all (or at least one of us) would have met him and we'd know that his antics were based on the concept of busting on each other.  What he spews is vitriol which is unnecessary and unwelcome.  We'd all be better off if he'd crawl back into his h*** and stay there...I know that isn't going to happen because he apparently gets off on being an a$$hat and would rather remain an anonymous internet tough guy rather than be part of a community (not sure he even gets the concept). 

Junior said:

I am glad Rippy is here on the SR Forum. He speaks the truth and sees things for what they are. He needs to stay, and he needs to continue to contribute. He calls it like he sees sit, just like me. Without Rippy, this place would be nothing more than a circle jerk of rose colored glass wearing cheating and lying patsy fans.

Rippy = Truth. You knuckleheads could learn a lot from him. Especially you cheatriot fans.

Hawk said:

That was clearly about hockey fan bases.  Why did you have to make the jump over this community?  After all, you get that impression because you don't make the effort to meet these guys so that is what you get.  This would change is you just uncloaked even once.  Just sayin.

Rippy and Junior apparently both dated Fonzie at Arnold's waaay back in the day.

They are the freakin'  Tuscadero sisters

Cartman = brilliant

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sunday River.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service